WGU Resume service

f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
Has anyone used the WGU resume service? If so were you happy with the results and feedback? I realize they do not type it for you but they help with ideas.

Any info would be great! Thanks.
I picked the wrong profession. Too much studying. :study:
[FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]

Comments

• srabieesrabiee Member Posts: 1,231 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Honestly, I didn't even know they offered such a service.

Do they also offer job placement services, by any chance?
    WGU Progress: Master of Science - Information Technology Management (Start Date: February 1, 2015)
    Completed: LYT2, TFT2, JIT2, MCT2, LZT2, SJT2 (17 CU's)
    Required: FXT2, MAT2, MBT2, C391, C392 (13 CU's)

Bachelor of Science - Information Technology Network Design & Management (WGU - Completed August 2014)
  • f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    If they do it would be at this link:
    http://national.careerservices.wgu.edu/
    [FONT=&amp]Thus says the Lord: “Let not the wise man boast in his wisdom, let not the mighty man boast in his might, let not the rich man boast in his riches, [/FONT][FONT=&amp]but let him who boasts boast in this, that he understands and knows me, that I am the Lord who practices steadfast love, justice, and righteousness in the earth. For in these things I delight, declares the Lord.” Jeremiah 9:23-24[/FONT]
  • Cora5Cora5 Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I did send my resume over to career services at WGU. Someone there advised me on some minor corrections to make. Not sure to what degree of the services they offer. I will use their services fully once I complete my master's degree next year.
  • Danielm7Danielm7 Member Posts: 2,310 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I used them just to see what they would say. They offered a few tweaks and were open to discussing why with me. Nothing earth shattering but my resume wasn't in bad shape when I sent it to them. I imagine or a lot of people there is a lot of tweaking to be done.
  • f16jetmanf16jetman Member Posts: 108
    Thanks for the reply.
  • Mike-MikeMike-Mike Member Posts: 1,860
    I didn't know they did this, I just used their resume template that Iristheangel talked about one time
    Currently Working On

CWTS, then WireShark
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I submitted mine with them as well and they took the time to talk about what things I should be focusing, what job type I'm applying for etc.. they were surprisingly thorough, I would definitely recommend using it for anyone who can!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I will definitely check this out down the road!! :)
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63