Planning to Purse A+ certification

Kennyp442Kennyp442 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello All I am planning to get A+ certifications I have decided to study from Michael Meyers CompTIA A+ certification exam guide: exams 220-801 and 220-802 so just wondering if it is worth reading from it. As I will prepare I will also take practice test if you guys know any good links to prepare from them as well I know compTIA also offers one. How did you guys study ? and how long did it take you guys to get your certifications ? Also the exam voucher is only for one exam ? so does that mean I need to pay another $194 for second part of exams ? anyway I can get some discounts ?

Comments

• theone421theone421 Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    As a new member who has just been looking around, I too would like to know the answer to your question lol
  • Armitron77Armitron77 Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    To both Kennyp442 and theone421,

The Mike Meyer A+ certification guide is a very good book. I used it along with the ExamCram book (more for advanced techs such as myself with over 10 years of experience). The Mike Meyers book gets in depth with the material you need to know to better prepare for both exams. The book can be used as a reference guide as well as for beginners to learn from. As far as the practice tests goes, there are a lot of good websites that provide them, such as ExamCompass | CompTIA Practice Exams and www.crucialexams.com. There are others but these are the ones I used the most. It took me about 3 months to obtain my CompTIA A+ certification and now I am going to take my CompTIA Network+ exam in about 24 days from now. The exam vouchers are good for only one exam. Therefore, one voucher for $194.00 for the 220-801 exam and another voucher for $194.00 for the 220-802 exam. Which is a $388.00 dollar total cost for the A+ certification. There are websites that my offer discounted vouchers, but you just need to find them. I hope I was of any help to you. Good luck with your studies. icon_thumright.gif
    Bachelor of Science Degree in Computer & Network Security
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management
    Associate in Applied Science Degree in Network Management/Cyber Security
    CompTIA A+ Certified | CE, CompTIA Network+ Certified | CE

2016 Goals: CCENT/CCNA Routing & Switching COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR/CompTIA Security+ COLOR=#008000][B]IN PROGRESS[/B][/COLOR