Network+ new objective like A+?

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
Is the network+ objective going to be updated/upgraded whatever they call it with a new objective for next year like they are doing with the A+ exam?

Comments

• bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    nothing has been announced. But even if they announce something in 2007, that probably means it wont take place till 2008.

The current domain objective is from 2005, so that's not very long ago. I dont see them updating it this year.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    ok cool, just wanted to make sure id like to study and take it in the next month or two.
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    TheFORCE wrote:
    ok cool, just wanted to make sure id like to study and take it in the next month or two.

Good luck! I just took mine on Monday.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • mgmguy1mgmguy1 Member Posts: 485 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes, good luck. I take my Network Plus Test in September. I just bought a new Network Plus book by Robert J. Shimonski and Laura E. Hunter.
    It's very good book.

anway best of luck
    "A lot of fellows nowadays have a B.A., M.D., or Ph.D. Unfortunately, they don't have a J.O.B."

Fats Domino
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    They only do so many at a time. Right now they are working on updating iNet+ and researching to see if a wireless+ is feasible. Normally they work on a three year cycle so network+ might be up for updating in 2007 with switch over in 2008. Launching the radically changed A+ will take some time also. They don't have the manpower resources of a Microsoft or Cisco working on certs and rely on volunteer Subject Matter Experts.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO