MTA 98-366 IT INFRASTRUCTURE VS CompTIA NETWORK +

greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
Hey guys seeing how I passed the network + would I need to study any additional info for the MTA 98- 366 exam? Thanks. Since the MTA dosen't expire and isn't expensive I would like to take it.icon_study.gif
:
Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.

Comments

• Eston21Eston21 Member Posts: 76 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The MTA certifications don't hold any weight whatsoever. They are designed for HS students. The A+ can actually get you an entry level job.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I hear ya.I plan to take the A+ also at some point.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Eston21 wrote: »
    The MTA certifications don't hold any weight whatsoever. They are designed for HS students. The A+ can actually get you an entry level job.

I'll disagree there. They do hold some weight. Maybe not quite as much as the N+ or A+, but it's still a Microsoft cert and would be good for a help desk role. Plus it's way cheaper.
    yeah I think I will do one or 2 of those. I have a feeling they will come in handy soon........... thanks Eston 21 and Markulous
    :

• Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    Hey guys seeing how I passed the network + would I need to study any additional info for the MTA 98- 366 exam? Thanks. Since the MTA dosen't expire and isn't expensive I would like to take it.icon_study.gif

Hey Squeeler!(friendly Raven's fan poking):D Seriously, MTA is a waste of time,because MTA is a Microsoft Cert that only covers the "fundamentals" of a particular concentration. The Network+ is an intermediary cert that is above the entry level A+. The MTA is actually seen as a step BELOW the A+, it would be like going for Comptia's Strata. I was also tempted to go for the MTA because the Cert doesn't expire, but as I discovered through job search research, no HR directors are asking for MTA but they are for A+, Network+, Security +, MCP, MCSA etc. If anything go for the A+ which has way more market value then an MTA cert.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
    I hear ya but here in the Bahamas those certs are actually asked for. so I will get a few I am also looking to teach and offer these courses latter on down the road. thus the reason i'm taking them.
    :

• Goteki54Goteki54 Member Posts: 79 ■■■□□□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    I hear ya but here in the Bahamas those certs are actually asked for. so I will get a few I am also looking to teach and offer these courses latter on down the road. thus the reason i'm taking them.

I guess Bahamas and the States have different demands in the type of certs they want. If that's the case, then you are right to go with what the market demand is calling for in the Bahamas.
    CompTIA A+, Network+, Security +., SSCP
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I wouldn't dismiss MTAs.
    if you don't have a ms cert, it would be good to get one.
    if you get one of the mta study books check Amazon, there is actually some good information in them.
    i have checked book on mta security/sever admin and feels it has more immediate application than getting one of the mcsa exams. A lot of study and a regular day, you might only use 20%. Not saying not to do mcsa, but mta is a good start.
    just determine which mta would help you most and where you want to go.
    a+ and network+ imo are the basic foundation certifications in getting into the it field.
  • xD LucasxD Lucas Member Posts: 107
    I will say that just getting an MTA has gotten employers interested. I didn't get much of anything before the MTA, now employers are calling me back.
    2015 Objectives: MTA: 98-349 ✔ → CompTIA A+ → CompTIA Network+ CompTIA Security+
  • twodogs62twodogs62 Member Posts: 393 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Excellent to hear.
    i would complement with A+ and Net+.