Options

New CCNP labs?

gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
Hello all,

Hope all is well. I'll try to make it short and sweet!

Has anyone come across lab manuals for the new CCNP exams (300 series)? I did see the Official Lab Manual from Cisco (CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual, 2nd Edition) and wanted to know if there were any other options. I just ordered my switch lab from Ebay (2x3750s, 1x2960) and wanted to get right to it once the equipment gets here. Any help would be appreciated!
Goals for 2015: CCNP

Comments

• Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    INE have CCNP workbooks for the current CCNP RS exam.
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Alex90 wrote: »
    INE have CCNP workbooks for the current CCNP RS exam.

They only have EIGRP done. None of the other protocols are ready for the ROUTE WB. There is no ETA for the rest of the ROUTE workbook. I just checked on that myself.
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    Ooh I thought they were completed. The switch workbook is done though right?
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Switch is done, yes. I will probably use the CCIE workbooks to lab the tech for ROUTE, though. I already cleared SWITCH before the change.
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gadav478 wrote: »
    Hello all,

Hope all is well. I'll try to make it short and sweet!

Has anyone come across lab manuals for the new CCNP exams (300 series)? I did see the Official Lab Manual from Cisco (CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual, 2nd Edition) and wanted to know if there were any other options. I just ordered my switch lab from Ebay (2x3750s, 1x2960) and wanted to get right to it once the equipment gets here. Any help would be appreciated!

Just wrapping up the SWITCH lab manual you linked. Just a fyi, you will need more gear if you follow that book.
    Topology 1: 2x 2960, 2x 3560
    Topology 2: 3x ISR G2s, 2x 3560, 1x 2960
    Topology 3: 2x 2960, 1x 3560

I also didn't know INE had CCNP workbooks. Thought they only released CCIE workbooks. I will definitely look into that.
  • Options
    MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I have their older manual, which they release for free I believe. It is for the old exam but much of the material is still valid. Just another lab source to throw in there. CBT Nugget has a lab series as well.
  • Options
    azaghulazaghul Member Posts: 569 ■■■■□□□□□□
    FYI, if you already purchased the INE CCNP R&S videos without the workbooks and exam questions (like I did), contact sales to get a price to add the workbooks and questions
  • Options
    gadav478gadav478 Member Posts: 374 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @ koz: thanks for the heads up... How did you like the manual? Did you think it was thorough?

Thanks everyone for the help. Anyone pass using the recent CCNP INE labs (looks new but just asking for kicks ;))
    Goals for 2015: CCNP
  • Options
    koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    gadav478 wrote: »
    @ koz: thanks for the heads up... How did you like the manual? Did you think it was thorough?

Thanks everyone for the help. Anyone pass using the recent CCNP INE labs (looks new but just asking for kicks ;))

I like it, think it thoroughly covers the exam topics. The one negative being all the grunt work required repeatedly setting up trunks and vlans.
  • Options
    JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I came across mindhub | The Certification Exam Preparation Store , they seem to have a lot o Cisco material though i have not tried any myself.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • Options
    csavcsav Registered Users Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi to all,
    Is there any .pdf or e-book version for the CCNP SWITCH Lab Manual 2nd edition to buy it? I'm in a little bit hurry because my ccna will expire and I have learned from Version 6 by now. I don't have time to wait for the shipping. Are there a lot of differences between V7 and V6?
    Thanks!