Passed PMP Today!

zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
Hey all, I passed the PMP today after preparing for 2.5-3 months or so. Resources used were Rita 8th edition, PMBOK, PM PrepCast and various forums around the internet. I would put the exam difficulty up there with the CISSP primarily because many of the questions were very ambiguous and I felt like I was trying to decipher what they were truly asking and try to eliminate answers until I was left with the "most" right answer. I got a Proficient rating in all domains except closing where I got Moderately Proficient. Glad to be done with this and take a break until beginning my MSIA in August with DSU. (getting married in June so I have enough on my plate!)

Comments

• TheProfTheProf Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 331 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • N2ITN2IT Inactive Imported Users Posts: 7,483 ■■■■■■■■■■
  • mdragonmdragon Member Posts: 8 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congratulations!

I actually thought the CISSP was more difficult than the PMP. The PMP was very challenging but the CISSP took it to another level with the difficulty of the questions.

Anyway, that is a good combination of certs to have. I plain to maintain them both.
  • zxbanezxbane Member Posts: 740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    mdragon, They were both definitely difficult, the only reason I mention the difficulty of the PMP is because IA/Cyber Security came much more comfortably to me than PM since I had so much IA experience prior to sitting the exam.
  • abnmiabnmi Member Posts: 66 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats Brother.
  • akbar.azwirakbar.azwir Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and Good Job !!!!
  • Mdluffy317Mdluffy317 Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congratulations on passing the PMP exam. It's great that you got proficient scoring on most of the domains. Good luck with the wedding as well. Again great job!
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!!!!
    Did you eat all the allocated time?
  • nelson8403nelson8403 Member Posts: 220 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!!
    Bachelor of Science, IT Security
    Master of Science, Information Security and Assurance

CCIE Security Progress: Written Pass (06/2016), 1st Lab Attempt (11/2016)
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats. Does anyone happen to know in terms of salary range, which course gives the biggest bump normally, CISSP or PMP? I know they are different areas of study completely, Im curious.
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    do you face numerical q&a like critical path, costing, lead lag etc.
  • datacombossdatacomboss Member Posts: 304 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Riyan - You will need to know these.
    "If I were to say, 'God, why me?' about the bad things, then I should have said, 'God, why me?' about the good things that happened in my life."

Arthur Ashe

• jonenojoneno Member Posts: 257 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats Zx! Your trophy collection is looking sexy. :D
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.