I think I fixed a Gaim bug ..

!30!30 Member Posts: 356
A few weak's before , I was chating with a friend , and he ask me : "Are you using a private Ip address in your netwrk ?" , I say yes { coz I configured my own NAT&proxy BSD server } , how do you know ?

He saied , it's a trick , but soon he told me , you know in Gaim , you can see Ip of the remote person , and he saw my private address there..
I mean instanly , how ? how ? Can he see using Yahoo mess databases { or Gaim source code , developed in C } , my real / private IP address.

After thosw week's the answer comed in my head , the expert's on Yahoo forget a thing , to clear showing the real Ip adres/in case the private one , if the remote user if using proxy&NAT on that port {non-anonymous proxy , this is the only posibility }.

This is also the problem, on osme PHP & CGI forum's , they forget to clear showing the real address/the private one in case of NAT , if the user is using his NAT performing router , proxy with that port to
{ port 80 per example }.The proxy is indeed default non-anoymousely and the forum database will show to moderator's the real / private IP , because of this header : x_forward_for .. icon_cool.gif

Someone have to tell them , coz .. some day , this bug , will cause great trouble , I think, maybe it's all my imagination and I'm a bit paranoic..

Cheer's !
Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)

Comments