Options

Curious Question

longshotlongshot Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just took 3 online Server+ practice Exams, and passed them with about an 80% overall. All I did was revert back to what I learned in A+. How different is the Server+ Test and the A+ Test in content? Also...is it adaptive or linear style?

Who knows...I might knock this out before Net+...lol.
Webmaster: www.longshotdesigns.com
Stunters Digital Artwork (It's halfway up now)

Comments

• Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I'm studying for Server+ at this time.

In my reading, someone called Server+ "advanced A+". The exam concentrates mostly on the actual server itself: Storage systems, RAID, redundancy, disaster recovery, troubleshooting, availability. Network plus concentrates more on the overall picture of networking: Hubs, routers, switches, bridges, media and connectors, protocols, a little subnetting.

When I was preparing for Network+, I felt that I already knew about 60% of the material from A+ studies.

The Server+ test itself is linear with 80 questions in 90 minutes. Need 75% to pass.

Good Server+ texts are available right now. The discount and used book internet dealers have them at deep discounts. You may want to get one to skim through.

Good luck on your decision.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • Options
    longshotlongshot Member Posts: 68 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the Info. Server+ was not a Cert I was looking at getting...but after the practice test...I might just get it too. Another Cert cant hurt.
    Webmaster: www.longshotdesigns.com
    Stunters Digital Artwork (It's halfway up now)
  • Options
    janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    I don't think an extra cert would hurt at all.

I've sort of let up a bit on Server+ though. I've read 3 1/2 books and I'm scoring in the 80's on practice exams so I still feel like I'm in the "iffy" range of things. I'm starting to think I might just do MCSA and then Security+ and skip Server+.

I already have A+ and Network+ which fulfills MCSA elective requirement.
    So I don't need Server+ for that. But, I'm certainly not sorry that I put in the time in the studies and in my little home lab set up.

Well, best of luck on your decision. You have to decide based on your own plans and needs.
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki