Options

Books for Security+

billgbillg Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am just getting ready to purchase my books for this cert. I am going to buy the Sybex and Syngress books. Any comments on the MS Press book for Security+ and are there any others that I should consider?

Comments

• Options
    Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    I heard good things about the MS press book but I didn't read it.

I read the Sybex, Syngress and Mike Meyers book.

I think the Mike Meyeers book is good if you have no concept of the material at all... It would be like a stepping stone into the Sybex book and the Sybex book a stepping stone into the Syngress book.

You probably will be just fine honestly with the Sybex and Syngress books... I would read the Sybex book first... A little easier to read and understand.

The down side to the Syngress book is that the practice questions are nothing like you will see on the real exam. The Sybex Questions were a lot more accurate and Honestly I think the Mike Meyers questions (On the CD) were even a step closer than the Sybex questions.

Hope this helps you.
    Good Luck!
  • Options
    dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I just borrowed this book from an instructor of mine. It doesnt look very popular and gets mixed reviews at amazon but its free so Im going to read it. I think I will couple this with syngress book because from what ive read this seems to be a thorough overview lacking depth. Anyone use this book for the exam have an opinion?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0789728362/ref=sr_11_1/104-9650212-0000701?ie=UTF8
  • Options
    billgbillg Member Posts: 35 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I am also looking at the Network Security Bible. I realize that it is not a study guide geared towards the exam but has anyone taken a look at this one and will it help towards passing the exam?