I have a N+ question

itismeitisme Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
First off... hello to everyone on here, this is my first post.

So, I have some serious time crunch going on and needed a course in Network+. I studied and was doing very well on the practice exams. This morning I took N10-006 and failed 616/900. Turns out I have been studying 005. I have studied for a week and have been doing almost nothing else. Was I doomed to fail due to the different test version? It has definitely shaken my confidence. I take the 005 tomorrow.

Thanks

Comments

• greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I think you should do fine tomorrow. the N-006 has some new material that may have cAUGHT YOU OFF GUARD. I would feel confident that you would ace n-005 tomorrow.icon_thumright.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • TechGuru80TechGuru80 Member Posts: 1,539 ■■■■■■□□□□
    You will find out. Were you studying for the 005 for a week total? If so that's always a possibility of hindering your performance as that is not very long. Scoring well on practice tests that you repeat several times doesn't necessarily mean you will get a good score. If you score well the first time on practice tests then you should be fine.
  • itismeitisme Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks! I do well the first time I take them and try to avoid repeating the same tests. I wish I had more time but sometimes you just gotta deal the hand you are given. I will drop in tomorrow afterwards and hopefully have a positive report.
  • JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Hello, I am just curious, you said you had studied for only a week? Do you already have some experience in networking? If you already have some experience then studying for a week for the 005 test you should be ok as long as you feel solid on the concepts and all objectives. Good luck on the exam!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
    I have no experience in networking or anything. Heck, 2 weeks ago I had troubles setting up my own WAP. I crushed the test scoring an 807. Thanks for the help guys. Moving onto sec+ now.
  • tpasmalltpasmall Member Posts: 52 ■■□□□□□□□□
    What test materials are you using?
    (Took me 3 weeks of studying to get Net+, but I already had my MTA-Network Fundamentals and experience in networking)
    I just bought the book which was pretty cheap and watched Professor Messer videos on youtube that talked about the parts that gave me the most issues. I really needed help with subnetting and used it to refresh the 257239429 different TCP/IP protocols. Also, just to get a grasp on troubleshooting.
  • christopherleachchristopherleach Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what do you need help with in Subnetting?