Just signed up for 70-410

cyclekingcycleking Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
So my test is scheduled for Aug 3rd. I've been studying off and on for a little while now and I figured that I might as well just sign up for it to get my butt in gear. So for right now I have a lab at home running Server 2012 R2 with hyper V to simulate my environment, and the books I have as well are MCSA Complete Study Guide with 70-410, 70-411, 70-412 from Sybex in addition, I have the Mastering Server 2012 R2 book, and the CBT nuggets videos. Wish me luck. icon_study.gif

Comments

• mjnk77mjnk77 Member Posts: 164 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    **good luck** how do u study, how do u commit things to memory?
  • cyclekingcycleking Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    With the Sybex book there are flashcards so everyday I do about 10 or so flashcards and with TechNet and the resources provided on this website and with some youtube videos. To commit things to memory I write them down on evernote each day when I take notes and review them right before I hit the hay. How do you commit things to memory?
  • ShdwmageShdwmage Member Posts: 374
    Have you tried handwriting your notes? I know it can be a hassle, but I've always found the act of physically writing things out helps.
    --
    “Hey! Listen!” ~ Navi
    2013: [x] MCTS 70-680
    2014: [x] 22-801 [x] 22-802 [x] CIW Web Foundation Associate
    2015 Goals: [] 70-410
  • cyclekingcycleking Member Posts: 26 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Shdwmage wrote: »
    Have you tried handwriting your notes? I know it can be a hassle, but I've always found the act of physically writing things out helps.

I have heard that and I do have an extra spiral notebook on hand. I figured that evernote was easy and it keeps it nicely organized, I should move all my notes over to the notebook as you say the physical act of writing it down does provide another path of memorization.
  • pjd007pjd007 Member Posts: 277 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I know it's too late now but if I was studying for my first MCP I'd have had a go at the exam during the 2nd shot offer to gain some experience of what to expect in the exam as it's not likely to change that much over a couple of months.

Good luck.
  • Judderman88Judderman88 Member Posts: 56 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've also just signed up for this
    Invested in the Craig Zacker book as well as the William Panek book. I’ve also got the CBT nuggets although I found them pretty useless and somewhat annoying for the 70-685…
    Good luck!
  • Params7Params7 Member Posts: 254
    Good luck, study well.
    i definitelyagree
  • sbhawksbhawk Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Good luck! The 70-410 is an easy test if you apply yourself (serious dedication) and practice with a virtual lab. Everyone knows what "seriously" applying yourself is. Nothing great comes easy.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I feel the say way. I been studying on and off for the last months. After failing twice it just feel like ****!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm going to pay for the class today for the next month. Today I will start the road once again... Studying every day hopefully for 1hr or 30 mins.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    sbhawk wrote: »
    Good luck! The 70-410 is an easy test if you apply yourself (serious dedication) and practice with a virtual lab. Everyone knows what "seriously" applying yourself is. Nothing great comes easy.

Wasn't easy for me, but I got through it (the second time I took iticon_lol.gif)! All I can say is: "Lab and read and LAB and study and LAB and watch whatever you prefer: youtube, cbt, whatever and then LAB some more!"

Good luck brother! I'm sure that you'll get it done!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • bohackbohack Member Posts: 114
    Good luck and be well prepared. Keep us updated on your progress!

NetworkedMinds - http://www.youtube.com/networkedminds
    MCSA / MCSE Educational Channel
  • sheikysheiky Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Good Luck...! Me too just started my preparation for MCSA 2012.
  • particle1particle1 Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What labs do you all use out of curiosity?
  • Snow.brosSnow.bros Member Posts: 832 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That's the way to go, actually most IT pros recommend booking for the exam first, taking into consideration the hours at work and the work/life/study lifestyle balance as an IT pro. I once thought of doing the same but I wasn't brave enough due to commitment issues.

Well the only advice I can give you for all MCSA exam is that you should invest most of your time in your virtual lab playing around with the technology.

Wish you all the the best of luck on your exam!!! icon_thumright.gif
    cycleking wrote: »
    With the Sybex book there are flashcards so everyday I do about 10 or so flashcards and with TechNet and the resources provided on this website and with some youtube videos. To commit things to memory I write them down on evernote each day when I take notes and review them right before I hit the hay. How do you commit things to memory?

I constantly repeat the notes I take by writing them down over and over! and i give myself test and that helps me commit it to memory
  • nascar_paulnascar_paul Member Posts: 288 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Microsoft is offering free second shot attempts all through the end of the year! Now's the time to schedule and if you don't make it... Take it again on them!
    2017 Goals: 70-411 [X], 74-409 [X], 70-533 [X], VCP5-DCV [], LX0-103 [], LX0-104 []
    "I PLAN to fail!" - No One Ever
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    NO WAY the end of the year... omg... i'm so going to take this dam exam and pass it this time around. Just need to study some more and get some exam test going... Just need to find a good pre-exam test i could buy or something.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*