Bloody SemSim!

rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
ok im beginning to regret purchasing this SemSim software, so many of the question are badly worded or just plain wrong. take this one:

____________ Command is used to enter setup mode from privileged mode.
(Type full form of the command)
You chose: setup
Correct Answer(s): "disable"
The command disable will take you from privileged mode to user mode.

If you enter setup from privileged mode it takes you to the setup mode. Entering disable takes you back to user mode. Notice how their description of the "correct" answer doesn’t even match the question???

And this one:

erase ____________ & ____________ are the two ways to enter setup mode on a router. (Specify full form of command)
You Chose: nvram,setup
Correct Answer(s): "startup-config,setup"
You can enter setup mode by erasing the contents of NVRAM by using the erase startup-config command and then rebooting the router or by typing setup from the privileged mode at any time.

Erasing nvram or erasing startup-config will do the same thing right?

and this one:

____________ command will disable CDP.
You Chose: no cdp run
Correct Answer(s): "no cdp enable"
"no cdp enable" is the command that will disable cdp on that interface.

the question is so badly worded. The no cdp run command disables CDP globally. no cdp enable disables CDP on an interface. The question leads one to believe that you need to disable CDP globally because there is no mention of an interface.

this has started to get me really angry as I know that correct answers but this stupid software tells me that I’m wrong. Not good for my confidence when I’m sitting the CCNA in October. I’m writing a email to semsim now to tell them how **** they are.
CCIE# 38186
showroute.net

Comments

• zero-g-smithzero-g-smith Member Posts: 41 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hmm yea it does have errors but man it has alot of good questions as well that I have not run accross in any other testing software so far.
  • rakemrakem Member Posts: 800
    yea it does, but its just annoying when you know that your right and this stupid peice of software tells you your wrong! and then you fail the test because it marks a bunch of questions wrong that are actually correct!!!

blah im just pissed off today i think haha
    CCIE# 38186
    showroute.net
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I would say this could be a good thing,alot of people run through these test exams multiple times and just memorize answer without realising.Since these
    tests have mistakes you'll be more prone to second guess the correct answer and do some research into which answer is right or wrong,better all round for knowledge and memory.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • Danman32Danman32 Member Posts: 1,243
    I agree, these things can be annoying and fustrating. But consider this: If you correctly found the errors or misleadings, you're doing alright!

Erase NVRam could be going overboard though. There may be other files there that you DON'T want to delete. Erase NVRAM is like a format of a floppy or hard drive, where erase startup-config only erases the one file, like deleting a single file on a floppy or HD. You wouldn't format a floppy just to delete a single file on it, would you? The exception might be if that happens to be the only file on that media, in which case either operation would achieve the same results, but still, format is overkill.