Getting in Gear for CCNP pre 2007 Change

DoingDamageDoingDamage Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello to All,

I am going to try to get the CCNP before the year is out/the change happens. I have a friend who has his CCIE (Voice) who told me if someone was really focused, they could get their NP in 4 months by taking a test a month. So, all I've been listning to is the theme from "Rocky" all week.

Has anyone tried this before? Any suggestions on which test to take first? I'm going the route of Cisco Press books and doing the Q&A thing. I have access to the Cisco lab at work (CCIE, CCNP, CCVP, CCSP - Huge Lab!!!) so I can do my equipment practice there.

Thanks in advance. Also, thanks for the past help. This forum helped me pass the NA in Feb.
Future Ruler of all Networks!!

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I am going to try to get the CCNP before the year is out/the change happens. I have a friend who has his CCIE (Voice) who told me if someone was really focused, they could get their NP in 4 months by taking a test a month. So, all I've been listning to is the theme from "Rocky" all week.

Has anyone tried this before? Any suggestions on which test to take first?
    Yeah, it can be done.

Either pick the Topic you like the best out of Routing (BSCI), Switching (BCMSN), or WANs (BCRAN) -- either from what you do now or from what you remember from the CCNA. Or pick the hardest topic and get it out of the way. I think on average, most people say BSCI is the hardest, and BCMSN is the easiest (but it has the lowest passing score, so BCMSN probably isn't that easy).

CIT should be last -- and keep good notes for troubleshooting while studying the first 3 exams. Anything troubleshooting related from those exam blueprints is fair game on the CIT exam. The only new material is the Cisco Troubleshooting steps/method you should know for that exam. Then there is the review of troubleshooting the different technologies.... but a lot of it just comes down to the show and debug commands you should have learned while studying for the first 3.

I did BCRAN first, then BSCI, BCMSN, & CIT. I still think its a personal preference thing for sequence (as long as you do CIT last)..... but my vote for "logical sequence" is BSCI BCMSN BCRAN CIT.

Are you listening to just the Rocky Theme song... or the "Best Of" -- Survivor Eye of the Tiger should be good (and it was a Rocky Soundtrack song, right?).
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • dldldldldldl Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    This is exactly how my friends and I attained CCNPs. For us switching, remote access, troubleshooting and routing was the best order.
  • DoingDamageDoingDamage Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote:
    Yeah, it can be done.....

CIT should be last -- and keep good notes for troubleshooting while studying the first 3 exams. Anything troubleshooting related from those exam blueprints is fair game on the CIT exam. The only new material is the Cisco Troubleshooting steps/method you should know for that exam. Then there is the review of troubleshooting the different technologies.... but a lot of it just comes down to the show and debug commands you should have learned while studying for the first 3.

I did BCRAN first, then BSCI, BCMSN, & CIT. I still think its a personal preference thing for sequence (as long as you do CIT last)..... but my vote for "logical sequence" is BSCI BCMSN BCRAN CIT.

Are you listening to just the Rocky Theme song... or the "Best Of" -- Survivor Eye of the Tiger should be good (and it was a Rocky Soundtrack song, right?).

This is why I like this board. Thank you very much. I'm reading the BCRAN book first, cause it was the first one I grabbed. I'm through 3 chapters already, so I'll go that route. But thanks for the notice of the CIT.
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    xxx

Too much information, Mr. Stud.....I think the avatar is a little bit too much info, too. IMHO
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    forbesl wrote:
    I think the next time I have intercorse, I'll put that on repeat.

Too much information, Mr. Stud.....I think the avatar is a little bit too much info, too. IMHO

Indeed. This is a professional forum, not a dating site... icon_rolleyes.gif Anything you wouldn't do in a office amongst coworkers don't do it here. I removed your avatar and the nonsense above.
    Webmaster wrote:
    forbesl wrote:
    xxx

Indeed. This is a professional forum, not a dating site... icon_rolleyes.gif Anything you wouldn't do in a office amongst coworkers don't do it here. I removed your avatar and the nonsense above.

Sorry for my attempts at comedy. The Avitar was an old album cover of Prince! Didn't know my audience hated Prince. Please forgive me. And the comment above, it was just jokes. I'll keep it professional. Thanks.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The Avitar was an old album cover of Prince!
    I thought so..... that means we can refer to it as the Former Avatar that Looked Like Prince, right? icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    mikej412 wrote:
    I thought so..... that means we can refer to it as the Former Avatar that Looked Like Prince, right? icon_lol.gif

lol. I've changed it.