Options

CCNP sims

smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
It isn't clear, during testing, whether you're supposed to do a write mem after configuring as per their instructions.

I know 'wri mem' is actually disabled, but maybe copy run start works?

I can't find any information and I don't want to lose points when I retake the exam (or waste time during the exam trying to figure it out). Has anyone got some advice?

Comments

• Options
    bharvey92bharvey92 Member Posts: 419
    From memory, I don't think the Simulation's support copy run-start. If these don't work in the exam, just leave a comment in the Simulation explaining that copy run-start does not work.
    2018 Goal: CCIE Written [ ]
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I can't remember ever doing it in a sim and I haven't failed yet.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    DeathmageDeathmage Banned Posts: 2,496
    Well here is something you would expect Cisco to ask and then do...

They'd ask you to do a simlet to make a network and then your program simlet would crash and a pop would come up, "power failure". Why is your configs not in the router, they'd ask.

I'm joking of course because that would just be cruel.

icon_razz.gif
  • Options
    Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I don't know if it's required on the sims but most people will just do it out of habit. Like bharvey92 said, if it doesn't work just leave a comment saying that.
  • Options
    xnxxnx Member Posts: 464 ■■■□□□□□□□
    No need for it, I've passed Switch and Route without ever using it because it's not supported.
    Getting There ...

Lab Equipment: Using Cisco CSRs and 4 Switches currently
  • Options
    smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    Thanks, guys. I appreciate it.

Re: comments, I think those help the next guy. I really doubt any comment you write will ever affect your grade (though it might be the basis for a voucher, like if your sim crashes).
  • Options
    DCDDCD Member Posts: 473 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wr mem was deprecated. Copy run start is the official cisco way otherwise the exam way.
  • Options
    kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Try it and see if you can do either "copy run start" or "write mem".
    Neither worked for me but at last try just in case and if it doesnt work don't worry about it