N10-005 or N10-006?

aodfanaodfan Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
Ok, so I am currently reading Cram Exam A+ book and going through it really quick, I should be able to take it next week. I have 18 years of PC building knowledge, 9 years work related IT help desk experience, and Bachelors of Science in Management Information Systems.

I want to start studying and working towards my Net+ immediately afterwards. I know the 005 retires at the end of August. So, I am wondering, if you guys think with my experience would I be able to pull off studying for 5-6 weeks and pass the 005?

My other option of course is to take the 06. I have not bought any books or material yet for Net+, I was trying to decide before I hit the button.

Comments

• vintendovintendo Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, 5-6 weeks should be plenty. I have WAY less experience and was able to cram hard for 2 weeks and get the deer. 005 is the way to go.
  • aodfanaodfan Member Posts: 7 ■■■□□□□□□□
    vintendo wrote: »
    Yes, 5-6 weeks should be plenty. I have WAY less experience and was able to cram hard for 2 weeks and get the deer. 005 is the way to go.

What sources did you use to study?
  • vintendovintendo Member Posts: 13 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Lol no deer...

There is a quizlet here - https://quizlet.com/37924775/comptia-network-n10-005-exam-questions-flash-cards/

I went through that and watched professor Messer until I understood everything. I bought the Mike Meyers net+ passport but really only used the practice tests that he had on there. They were harder then the actual exam, at least I thought so.
  • JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    I think you could probably pull that off lol! I have over 17 years of desktop/PC Tech experience on the job but I took 4 solid months studying every day and weekend, read 4 books, lots of practice tests, certmaster modules, professor messer videos and passed it in December last year. I over studied though just because that is how I am and I like to make sure I know the concepts backwards and forwards. With your experience and education you will probably be fine if you read a book and do some practice exams! Good luck on your upcoming exams.
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM