I got a jerb!

typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
I would like to thank everyone for the input given over the past couple of years. I am finally getting out of the Army and I will finally be able to do my job! I accepted a Network Administrator position just outside of Austin, Texas making $66,000 plus all of the benefits. The things that draws me to the position is that I will get to learn the Server/Storage side, as well as firewalls. I was becoming disheartened because I primarily ONLY know networking, and only using OSPF. I hope this opportunity allows to me do a lot more beyond what I do in labs. I start terminal leave in 24 days, and I start this job in 26 days!

Good luck to everyone still searching!
2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2

Comments

• E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    "They took our jerbs!"

That never gets old icon_lol.gif
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • goobacksgoobacks Member Posts: 8 ■□□□□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    "They took our jerbs!"

Chicken Sandwich?

On a serious note congrats on the new job
  • dustervoicedustervoice Member Posts: 877 ■■■■□□□□□□
    congrats...well done all the best in your new role.
  • coffeeluvrcoffeeluvr Member Posts: 734 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Congratulations on the new job!
    "Something feels funny, I must be thinking too hard. - Pooh"
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Congrats! It's such a nice feeling to find that good civilian job when ETSing.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • LeBrokeLeBroke Member Posts: 490 ■■■■□□□□□□
    E Double U wrote: »
    "They took our jerbs!"

Ehrrhr nehr! The jerbs!

• stryder144stryder144 Member Posts: 1,684 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrat! That is awesome. Do you know if it will be NetApp storage? If so, NetApp offers free cert training and test for transitioning military personnel. Might be worth looking into.
    The easiest thing to be in the world is you. The most difficult thing to be is what other people want you to be. Don't let them put you in that position. ~ Leo Buscaglia

Connect With Me || My Blog Site || Follow Me
  • MitechniqMitechniq Member Posts: 286 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Stryder144, excellent note on the NetApp..

typfromdaco, thank you for your service and welcome to the veteran/civilian side...enjoy
  • anoeljranoeljr Member Posts: 278 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good job bro! The market here in Texas is great.
  • scaredoftestsscaredoftests Mod Posts: 2,780 Mod
    Excellent. You will love Austin.icon_cheers.gif
    Never let your fear decide your fate....
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats!! icon_cheers.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
  • typfromdacotypfromdaco Member Posts: 96 ■■■□□□□□□□
    @Stryder144: I don't know what they currently use, I emailed the man I would be working with and I am waiting for a response.

I am currently stationed on Hood and purchased a house in Temple, so my drive will be around 35 minutes. I do love Austin! I was told we use a mixture of Cisco and Brocade, but I have never worked with Brocade. Does anyone know if there are practice labs for Brocade online?
    2015 certification goals: [ X] ICND2
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CONGRATS !!!!!!!!!!!icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • MideMide Member Posts: 61 ■■□□□□□□□□