How Long Does Recerification Last?

dppagcdppagc Member Posts: 293
I passed my CCNA years old.
I just passed y CCNP route but not switch and tshoot yet.
Do I have another 3 years to do it in theory?

If I am CCNP (R&S) certified, can I "jump over" to take CCNP voice?
Or do I have to do CCNA voice then CCNP voice?

If I pass CCNA voice, will it auto renew my CCNP R&S or not?
Lastly, who can I contact in cisco for such issues?
It is too confusing.

Comments

• MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's actually pretty simple. Any Associate level exam pass (CCNA, CCNA Collaboration, etc) will renew your Associate level certifications. Any Professional level exam (CCNP, CCNP Security, etc) will renew your Professional and lower level certifications (CCNA, CCNA Collaboration, etc). Any IE written will renew your CCIE and lower level certifications. CCNA Voice would NOT renew CCNP. You need to check the certification requirements for the professional level exams. CCNA Voice (which is retiring, by the way), requires a CCNA Voice, or any CCIE.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    dppagc wrote: »
    Do I have another 3 years to do it in theory?

Passing ROUTE renewed your CCNA for 3 years.
    If I am CCNP (R&S) certified, can I "jump over" to take CCNP voice?

No. In fact, CCNA and CCNP Voice are being replaced with CCNA (August 14) and CCNP (October?) Collaboration very soon. CCNP: Collaboration will require a valid CCNA: Collaboration (CCNP: Voice required a valid CCNA: Voice).
    If I pass CCNA voice, will it auto renew my CCNP R&S or not?

No. It will only renew your CCNA certifications (CCNA: R&S, etc...) You would need to pass a CCNP level exam to renew your CCNP. This would also renew your CCNA certifications.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I had this confused with a similar Security post a while back. I think you can take an NP Voice exam without having the NA Voice and it will refresh your NP R&S if you pass. You will however need the NA Voice done before you get the NP Voice title.
  • theodoxatheodoxa Member Posts: 1,340 ■■■■□□□□□□
    koz24 wrote: »
    I had this confused with a similar Security post a while back. I think you can take an NP Voice exam without having the NA Voice and it will refresh your NP R&S if you pass. You will however need the NA Voice done before you get the NP Voice title.

I've heard that you can take them without the CCNA (but won't be certified), but I've never actually tried it.
    R&S: CCENT CCNA CCNP CCIE [ ]
    Security: CCNA [ ]
    Virtualization: VCA-DCV [ ]
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    One other gotcha to keep in mind is that only CERTIFICATIONS renew a same level exam.

For example. Lets say you took SWITCH in January 2012 and passed it. In 2014 you passed ROUTE. You did not pass TSHOOT prior to January 2015 so SWITCH expired. Now all you have is your TSHOOT and your CCNA. You need to take SWITCH and ROUTE to get your CCNP.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    phantasm wrote: »
    One other gotcha to keep in mind is that only CERTIFICATIONS renew a same level exam.

For example. Lets say you took SWITCH in January 2012 and passed it. In 2014 you passed ROUTE. You did not pass TSHOOT prior to January 2015 so SWITCH expired. Now all you have is your TSHOOT and your CCNA. You need to take SWITCH and ROUTE to get your CCNP.

Wait.

I got ICND1 & ICND2 in 2013, cert=CCNA.
    I just passed 300-115. I thought this meant I have three years from (yesterday) to take the remaining two CCNP exams. Have I misunderstood?
  • networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    You have three years from the time you pass your first CCNP exam to finish the rest or the first test is no longer valid.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • phantasmphantasm Member Posts: 995
    Wait.

I got ICND1 & ICND2 in 2013, cert=CCNA.
    I just passed 300-115. I thought this meant I have three years from (yesterday) to take the remaining two CCNP exams. Have I misunderstood?

No you are correct. But if you don't pass the other TWO exams in 3 yrs then then you won't get the NP. You'll have to retake SWITCH. For example, say you pass ROUTE and not TSHOOT in the next 3 years; in that case your SWITCH is invalid, ROUTE is valid, and TSHOOT is not attempted. You have 2 exams to take and your CCNA was re-certified with the ROUTE pass.
    "No man ever steps in the same river twice, for it's not the same river and he's not the same man." -Heraclitus
  • smcclenaghansmcclenaghan Member Posts: 139
    I appreciate the information. Thanks, phantasm.