Study Material

webslngrwebslngr Member Posts: 23 ■□□□□□□□□□
Looking for books. I only want to buy two. I have had sucess with Sybex books coupled with Exam Cram. Can anyone recommend the best two books.

I haven't seen anyone post anything on the Exam Cram.

Thanks.

Comments

• sir_creamy_sir_creamy_ Inactive Imported Users Posts: 298
    I thought Security+ Fast Pass was a very compact book that gives you the details in a very straight forward manner.
    Bachelor of Computer Science

[Forum moderators are my friends]
  • agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    I used Syngress and Sybex... Syngress was more complete.
  • goforthbmerrygoforthbmerry Member Posts: 244
    I have the Exam Cram 2 book and am pleased with it. I have not taken the test yet so I cannot give you my success or failure story. Many people have recommened the Syngress book as well so I ordered it and expect it tomorrow.

P.S. If you are thinking about the Syngress book. I recommend going to the Syngress website directly. The books are very much less expensive on the site. I believe that I am paying 9 dollars for the Security+ book. The website is www.syngress.com
    Going for MCSE:security, Intermediate ITIL, PMP
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    The Sybex book is a good one to get started because it is easier to read and understand but the Syngress book is more complete.

I would use ( and did use) both.
  • agustinchernitskyagustinchernitsky Member Posts: 299
    You can also check for the e-book version on the syngress book... which is far more cheaper :)
  • dagger1xdagger1x Member Posts: 55 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the heads up on the $9 syngress book
  • allmightypcallmightypc Member Posts: 22 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks folks for the lead to a great Ebook and practice test for 9 bucks!
    After skimming this Syngress book I have to add to what lots of people are saying, Study the Syngress book After/With the Sybex. I now have both and agree 100% with this forums advice. Great Advice!
    This Security stuff makes so much sense. Jeez, now I'm beginning to understand all the fuss about unethical hacking, wardriving, protecting data on servers (even from within the walls). I am so enjoying this material, it is unlike any of the other certs I have.
    Good luck to all! Never give up, Never surrender!
    Never Give Up, Never Surrender!