Taking inet+ tomorrow

kkaltsaskkaltsas Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
taking the inet+ exam tomorrow morning, any last minit tips or tibids of knowledge? So far I've been using the inet+ certificaiton stydy system book, and ac companying beachfornt tests and I took a MeasureUp 30Q test. Passing all practice tests in the 85% range. I'll probably hit the practice test here in a bit. Cheers

Comments

• jojopramosjojopramos Member Posts: 415
    quick review, sleep early, relax and goodluck
  • furbyfurby Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    yay finally somebody who is taking the inet+ exam.

good luck to you.

Let us know how the exam went.

By the way which book did you use?

Im using the comptia i-net+ book from thomson from februari 2006
    with the measureup
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    kkaltsas wrote:
    I'll probably hit the practice test here in a bit.
    Sounds like a good idea for some last minute practice ;)

Good luck!
  • Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
    Good luck! Let us know what you thought of the test.
  • kkaltsaskkaltsas Member Posts: 16 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Just got back, Passed with a score of 766. It was pretty easy really, although some questions I thought were worded quite poorly. There was no option at the end of the exam to comment on those questions either. It also seems to refer to some outdated type of stuff. More than one question regaurding <META> tags, which this day in age are pretty much not applicable to search engines anymore. Knowing about SET, EDI, SSL, and other internet protocalls will be worth your time. A few HTML questions as well. Know the tags and where the should go. Also covered protocls and ports of things like FTP, telnet, smtp, pop3, etc. A couple e-commerce and security type questions. Also know about MX, CNAME, SOA, etc records, a few on those I wasn't sure on I didn't study them at all.

I used a book called iNet+ Certification Study System by Joseph J. Byrne. Got it used on Amazon for not too much dough, came with a CD with BeachFront Quizzer. That was somewhat helpful. Also ran thru the practice exam here twice. I also had two keys for 30 question certification pre assesments through MeasureUp that WGU provided for me. They are nice but you get no feedback on the ones you got wrong. As I though I put right answers for everythign I scored 81% the first time and I tryed changing one answer I thought may be different when I took it the second time and scored 80%. WGU provides me access to NetG training modules but I did not use any of those for inet+.

On to 70-291 I think, after a celebratory beer and steak this week. Cheers everyone!
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    Congrats! Pretty good score IMO, good luck on your MCSA/MCSE.
    Jack of all trades, master of none
  • furbyfurby Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    What is this iNET about ? It worst ? for taking it ? Just a question .. I know Google , but I want real answer from people taking it and passed.

A .. forgot , congrat's Dude !
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)
  • bighornsheepbighornsheep Member Posts: 1,506
    !30 wrote:
    What is this iNET about ? It worst ? for taking it ? Just a question .. I know Google , but I want real answer from people taking it and passed.

A .. forgot , congrat's Dude !

i-Net+ is like Network+ but without the focus on networking concepts in general. It focuses more on the Internet aspect of networking, and particularly the role of an 'Internet Administrator'. I've heard that CompTIA is updating the objective to reflect newer technologies on the Internet.
    Jack of all trades, master of none