Options

MCSA 70-680 how long to study

missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
I just signed up for this exam. Alot of the content looks familar as to what I do on a daily basis as a Network Tech. Building Workstations with Windows 7. We covered some of this while in I earned my IT degree but that has been three years ago. How long do you think it would take to study and earn this certification? I can only study about two hours a day.

Also what book is the most helpful for purchase? I am already using CBT nuggets for this and don't have much money. icon_study.gif

Comments

• Options
    BucklesBuckles Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    For the 680, Prof. Messer's free youtube videos are great! I almost passed off those alone.
    Get your hands on some legit practice exams to help familiarise yourself with the way M$ ask questions. I would say to you- for this exam... 2-3 weeks and book it now so you're working towards a target.

Good luck!
  • Options
    LenniusceLenniusce Member Posts: 114 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're like me it will take you 7 times to pass just to keep your job icon_razz.gif
    In Progress: CCNA:DEVNET or CISSP Done: PMP | A+ | N+ | S+ | L+ | P+ | MCSA 2016 | CCNA | CCNA:S(exp) | LPIC1(exp) | MBA IT Management | MS Information Systems
  • Options
    missjanayamissjanaya Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Buckles wrote: »
    For the 680, Prof. Messer's free youtube videos are great! I almost passed off those alone.
    Get your hands on some legit practice exams to help familiarise yourself with the way M$ ask questions. I would say to you- for this exam... 2-3 weeks and book it now so you're working towards a target.

Good luck!

I've been reading things that say how hard the exam is its making me nervous. I think I will stretch it out a month. What practice test can you reccomend? Any books? Any other materials like labbing or something help?
  • Options
    BucklesBuckles Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    missjanaya wrote: »
    I've been reading things that say how hard the exam is its making me nervous. I think I will stretch it out a month. What practice test can you reccomend? Any books? Any other materials like labbing or something help?

Professor Messer's Free 680 Videos are ace!

These two are free: MCTS 70-680 Practice Exam
    Practice Quiz: Free Exam Prep, Review and Practice Tests

Practice quiz will email you questions every day which I found help me stay sharp

The Microsoft Press Book comes with 4 sets of exam questions included. The book is pretty good too.

Then you have Transcender and Measure up who are both regarded as the Go-to people. For my 685 Exam, I gave UCertify a shot and found them very helpful too. They have some nice interactive questions as well as a plethora of questions and practice exams (five from memory)..

For Labbing, you can set up a VMWare Workstation with a couple of Clients and a Member Server/Domain Controller etc.
    W7 Ult and W2k8 are both available out there and have a trial period you can push out to a couple of months.

Finally, the forum itself is a solid repository.. read through other people experiences. For me- I allowed three weeks.
    http://www.techexams.net/forums/windows-7-exams/42480-70-680-resources.html

Good luck and inbox me if you need any more help.