CRISC June 2015

8octave8octave Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
I am taking the CRISC in June and wanted to see who was in the ship with me. What methods are you using? I purchaed the whole shooting match:

CRISC Review Questions, Answers - 12 Month Subscription

CRISC Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015 S

CRISC Review Questions, Answers & Explanations Manual 2015

CRISC Review Manual 2015

Comments

• buhuskybuhusky Member Posts: 12 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm with you buddy. Didn't get the computer database, but did get the rest.
  • MontezumaMontezuma Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi guys, this is my first ever post here! I have decided to go for the CRISC as well as I am interested in Risk Management. I am currently reading Cobit 5 for Risk but will look to purchase the above learning resources and aim for the next exam after June. I have a question for you - are you members of ICACA? I am thinking of taking the plunge as if I decide to shoot for CISM as well within a year then I am thinking that the reduced cost of member prices will make up for the initial membership spend.
  • 8octave8octave Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Cool buhusky....good to have some company for the ride!

@Montezuma......I have been a member of ISACA for about 8years....I think it is worth it. There is a lot of good info and the tests are discounted as a member.
  • dou2bledou2ble Member Posts: 160
    I'm also an ISACA member and like the benefits. I don't always like the bill but do enjoy the free meetings, luncheons and online resources.
    2015 Goals: Masters in Cyber Security
  • contactathellcontactathell Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi Guys,

I am also preparing for the CRISC examination, June2015.
    I have gone through the CRISC manual by ISACA but found it to be quite generic and not very much explanatory on various concepts.
    Also if you have a look on the previous year manual they where pretty detailed, some 400+ pages, this year it has been reduced to around 160 pages...

I am worried if the manual would be the only authoritative source for preparation .. icon_sad.gif

Any idea what all content could be referred for having a better understanding...

Apart from the manual, what all books/guides are you guys following??
  • riyanriyan Member Posts: 161 ■■■□□□□□□□
    your best bet would be to go thru. question db
  • rohit_magnetorohit_magneto Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hey...I have also planned to take CRISC exam in June 2015.....just have the CRISC Review Manual 2015 with me but after reading this I don't think it would be sufficient and I may need dB, Q/A bank as well....However, I don't know if I will be able to purchase them as ISACA has made it all so costly.....would it be possible for you to share the dB or QA with me...I know its not ethical but I badly need help from you guyz, would appreciate if you could help... :)

Thanks in advance...and best of luck for your exam.... icon_thumright.gif

PS: I have cleared CISA, CISM about 3-4 years back....
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    I'm looking at going down the CRISC path in a couple of years - am wondering if anyone knows where there are CBT videos like there are for CISM and CISA et al.

I don't have the relevant experience yet (although am working in the field now) unfortunately icon_sad.gif
    You would be surprised once you get the CRISC exam paper on exam date. This I can assure you.
  • acomoacomo Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    riyan wrote: »
    You would be surprised once you get the CRISC exam paper on exam date. This I can assure you.

hehe why you say that?
    Are you appearing in CRISC exam? The official review manual will not cover more than 60%. You will be surprised to learn that CRISC is tougher then CISA & CISM.
  • varunglvarungl Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    One can try this free resource....!!!!! It has Q&A for various certifications as well.

http://www.aio********.com/isaca/

www. AIO Test King .com / isaca ..... pls remove all blanks .... not sure why its *ing the URL....
    May be the filter thinks you are trying to share a brain-**** sites.
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Thanks - very good resource!
    Was a tough one guys... hope it went well!!!
    I agree! It was more general than I anticipated which made it more complicated.
  • EasyPeezyEasyPeezy Member Posts: 111 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • TunYauTunYau Member Posts: 58 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Result in 3 more weeks....
  • AnnaGAAnnaGA Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have heard the results will be out around August 7th / 8th. This is the 2nd time around for me, so I just want to know.
  • ilikeshellsilikeshells Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I'm ready to know, too! I honestly felt the CRISC exam was the most subjective and overly generalized exam I've ever taken. I'm anxiously waiting!!!
  • colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    CRISC is on my radar for December.... but I keep hearing that it's much different than the study materials - can anyone elaborate on that more? What types of questions did you see that weren't apparent in the db, for example? What concepts/topics do you think weren't really covered in the material?
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • ilikeshellsilikeshells Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    colemic wrote: »
    CRISC is on my radar for December.... but I keep hearing that it's much different than the study materials - can anyone elaborate on that more? What types of questions did you see that weren't apparent in the db, for example? What concepts/topics do you think weren't really covered in the material?

I'm not sure what I scored, but I do know I am not as confident as I was with the CISA. I'm sure it's passable with just the study guide and db. However, the issue is it's so general, and mostly utilizes general terms to try to capture complex processes. When selecting correct answers, these general questions make it overly difficult because I could easily argue 2 answers for a 1/3rd of the exam due to realistic case scenarios. When studying for the CISA, it was easy to figure out "ISACA answers" because, believe it or not, the CISA is much more specific. The CRISC is 150 questions milked out of 4 domains: Risk Identification > Assessment > Mitigation > Monitoring, making identification of "ISACA answers" on the CRISC more difficult. The exam would probably be better with 75-100 questions because at 150, given the material, real thought-provoking questions are at a premium.

My advice is to read the guide, do the QA db (know why the wrong answers are wrong) and read ISACA's risk IT framework and Practitioner's Guide. Have a sound general understanding. Good luck.
  • MHKMHK Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also attempted CRISC in June and i had the same view that it was more generalized questions were bit tough then it was in CISA
  • IatluriIatluri Registered Users Posts: 3 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Comparing the results' release dates for CRISC since Jun 2014 and Dec 2014, expecting the results to be out by this Friday.
    Good Morning CRISC June 2015 test takers,

I just spoke to ISACA headquarters and they confirmed the test results release date is 8 weeks (Aug 8th) but they are trying to get it out early. I do know the results for Dec 2014 was released Friday at the 7 week mark. Tomorrow is 6 weeks, so not much longer.
    maybe tomorrow?? icon_study.gif
  • eamieami Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    8octave wrote: »
    maybe tomorrow?? icon_study.gif

hope so :)
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    CISA, CISM announced 2 weeks back on a Friday. Chances are there today or else on Aug 7.
    I called the headquarters again yesterday (got someone different than last time) and got a canned answer '8 weeks', but I know personally the December 2014 results were out in 7 weeks. So am praying it is today close 11am Eastern Time like it was two ago for CISA and CISM.
    Results are in, got my email a few minutes ago