Onto Network+!

bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
Hey everyone!

I passed the A+ yesterday and am now moving onto studying for the Network+. I compiled my training materials, bought a new notebook and a fancy pen- I'm ready!

;)

A+ certified
Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
Working on: Network+

Comments

• Markioa1983Markioa1983 Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    My best advice is to use the Professor Messer videos and enjoy. Probably the most fun cert I have done to date!
  • Markioa1983Markioa1983 Member Posts: 14 ■■■□□□□□□□
    By the way, how do I add a profile picture on this site??
  • techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I used labsim through WGU, which was good but not worth paying the price. I'd stay away from the Network+ exam cram book, it doesn't give you enough info for the test. The test was recently upgraded so not a lot of reference material out on it. I found this one to be the most difficult of the comptia tests I've taken, came close to not passing the first time. Good luck on it!

To add a picture, gear menu in the upper right > edit avatar.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • thatguyftwthatguyftw Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I have a small question: would it be useful to use the CCENT/CCNA Cert Guides by Wendell Odom to study for the N+?
    Seeking a career change from International Development to Network Engineering
    Current goals: Security+ [], CCENT [], CCNA, [], CCNA: Security []
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    thatguyftw wrote: »
    I have a small question: would it be useful to use the CCENT/CCNA Cert Guides by Wendell Odom to study for the N+?

I would say no. There's stuff that is in the N+ that is not covered in the CCNA.
  • thatguyftwthatguyftw Member Posts: 14 ■□□□□□□□□□
    markulous wrote: »
    I would say no. There's stuff that is in the N+ that is not covered in the CCNA.

Thanks for the response. I've been thinking whether to take the N+ first and then the CCENT. I figure I should focus taking the CCENT exam and read about N+ to get even more familiar with networking.
    Seeking a career change from International Development to Network Engineering
    Current goals: Security+ [], CCENT [], CCNA, [], CCNA: Security []
  • glenninitglenninit Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Looking forward to your passed post! BTW, are you crunching to get the 05 or are you going for the 06?
  • glenninitglenninit Member Posts: 8 ■■□□□□□□□□
    techfiend wrote: »
    ...To add a picture, gear menu in the upper right > edit avatar.

Not to hijack, but that options doesn't have any way for me to select something different. I'm a noob.
  • bloodshotbettybloodshotbetty Member Posts: 215
    Going for the 06. Figured there wasn't any point in cramming for a soon to be outdated test.

A+ certified
    Bachelors of Science in Social Work, Augsburg College
    Working on: Network+
  • mamoreno89mamoreno89 Member Posts: 32 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey everyone!

I passed the A+ yesterday and am now moving onto studying for the Network+. I compiled my training materials, bought a new notebook and a fancy pen- I'm ready!

;)

Wishing you the best of luck and hearing your success story.