Options

Pls help

jephaert1jephaert1 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Guys,

I just failed my CCNA today and am really, really demotivated to try again. I invested all my time, energy and money on this and I don't know what to do. The labs were weird and consumed all my exam time. I could not finished all the questions because of that. I failed with 847, can you imagine that?

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Ouch! You just got to shake it off. It might take a few days (and beers).

Time management is very important on the exam..... and with a minute left, if you had just started randomly answering those unfinished questions... you might have gotten those couple of points you needed.

Don't spend more than 10 minutes on a SIM -- if you haven't gotten it by then, you probably wont. You do get partial credit, so try something.

The SIMs are big for points -- so what ever gave you trouble on the exam is what you should study some more. You should also take what you learned from seeing the exam qustions (and your score report) and review the areas you were good at, and study the areas that gave you problems.

Definitely try to get some hands on practice -- there are some rental racks for the CCNA/CCNP that someone might be able to point you to.

You've got a 5 day waiting period before you can take the exam again.... but it took me over a week before I could focus on studying again after my one 5 point failure -- so don't rush it if you can't focus on studying.

You've come this far and got this close -- it would be silly not to pay for another opportunity to smack down the exam.

Good Luck (on getting over this one, and smacking down the next one) icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    !30!30 Member Posts: 356
    jephaert1 wrote:
    Guys,

I just failed my CCNA today and am really, really demotivated to try again. I invested all my time, energy and money on this and I don't know what to do. The labs were weird and consumed all my exam time. I could not finished all the questions because of that. I failed with 847, can you imagine that?

Man , I was browsing this forum and I saw pls help.In my mind , came the thing.Another..who want's , but don't even search.I sayed , no , let's see.I begin to read and sayed .. ya another failor, but when I saw 847 , I remain icon_sad.gif , for really man.

It's not the worst thing in your life , it's only one of the hop's ( you know like router's ) , that will help you understanding life and pass other exam.Something like this make's you stoinger or piece you off .Do you get me ?

I'm sure , if you finish one more question you'll pas , coz a question is something like more than 5 point's.

Hehe , it's you prepare , try to relax , and forget about it , maybe you'll know more than a first time CCNA tooker.

Man , I wish you Good luck on next , but be careful , not to pass in "not taking line".Altough I saw many guy's who took 847 , take their exam second time.

icon_wink.gif
    Optimism is an occupational hazard of programming: feedback is the treament. (Kent Beck)