Study Material for CCNP: Security

nb-nb- Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi

After spending 18 hours watching what i belived was the latest CCNP: Security track videoes on CBTNuggets i found out ive been watching the old videoes.....

I know my time is not wasted, but i'd like to actually study for the actual exams i have to pass.. So for the 4 new CCNP: Security exams, which study material would you guys suggest? Does anyone know a video site like CBTNuggets who has videoes for all 4 tracks? CBTNuggets currently only has three. And what books would you recommend?

Another thing that seems a little confusing to me is that the new exam pretty much covers all the old exam topics aswell but with newer technology like theres an ISE exam, VPN, Edge and IPS exam, but how about the old Firewall exam? As far as i can see all the ASA fundamentals topics from the old firewall exam has not been replaced in the new exams, in fact it has been entirely removed? What is supposed to give you the basics hands on and theoretical ASA knowledge?

Comments

• leugenelleugenel Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi nb-,

You are right, CBT Nuggets have the new exams as well on their web site (300-206,208,209). Also there is a book available on Amazon SISAS 300-208. I just purchased it and preparing for the exam.
    Why do you need all 4 exams at the same time? Just take one and by the time you done you will have more study materials for the next one and so on.

If anyone else knows any books/practice exams/videos please let me know.
  • webspongewebsponge Member Posts: 119
    Its now August, and the SENSS Cisco book is still not available! this is mental from Cisco. Guess Ill have to start backwards! 207 it is then,,..
    CCDP Next
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Couldn't find any Udemy videos for it too. I guess we'll move on to CBT Nuggets. I plan on finishing the CCNP Sec in 1 year, breaking my study periods in 3 month for each sitting, 2-4 hours on workdays and 8+ on weekends. (Pre-ordered SENSS, I'll start that in ~3 weeks)

As Leugenel mentioned, it would be good to get any information that is out there to pass this exam, even though materials are just being pumped out now.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Anyone tried the Skillport videos? I just realized that I get them free through school.
  • manyagagmanyagag Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hi Guys,

mental learning looks tough for me though school provide materials for the course, i now realize i probably need some guys to study with or company to. Anyone may be who need to do papers especially R&S
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    300-206 already temporarily out of stock. Not surprised, but why is the eBook version not available either? Completely utterly hopeless. Agh. I would have ordered the eBook version just so I can get a 2 week head start by studying before the hard copy arrives.
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius
  • JustFredJustFred Member Posts: 678 ■■■□□□□□□□
    websponge wrote: »
    Its now August, and the SENSS Cisco book is still not available! this is mental from Cisco. Guess Ill have to start backwards! 207 it is then,,..

I'm surprised it's March 2016 and there's still no information regarding when this book would be released.
    [h=2]"After a time, you may find that having is not so pleasing a thing, after all, as wanting. It is not logical, but it is often true." Spock[/h]
  • JobeneJobene Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From CiscoLive ( only hearing ) there will be no book for np:sec this year.....

By the way the new asa-book ( april / march) is recommended as material for learning
  • mackenzaemackenzae Member Posts: 77 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jobene wrote: »
    From CiscoLive ( only hearing ) there will be no book for np:sec this year.....

By the way the new asa-book ( april / march) is recommended as material for learning

You mean this one?

http://www.amazon.com/Cisco-ASA-All-one-Next-Generation/dp/1587143070?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00
  • JobeneJobene Member Posts: 63 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Nope
    1587144468 is the isbn
  • mackenzaemackenzae Member Posts: 77 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Jobene wrote: »
    Nope
    1587144468 is the isbn

Ah nice okay. I will say I am highly disappointed in Cisco at this point. I just bought the one i linked as it is the most relevant to the certification but the technologies are already being replaced/ or have been replaced by firepower services, which this new book covers. Unfortunately the current CCNP Tests do not appear to have firepower on them and look to be focused on the CX module and pre firepower services.

But that being said even though the blueprint says that.. they will still probably throw both Firepower questions on the exam.