TheBryantAdvantage

MAC_GLASGOWMAC_GLASGOW Inactive Imported Users Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi guys,

has anyone used any of his stuff? such as lab book, study guide and video clips?

If so how would you rate them? in particular the lab book?

Comments

• garv221garv221 Member Posts: 1,914
    No, but I have drank a 2000 Bryant Family bottle of wine. icon_wink.gif

89845291_dd90d60096_m.jpg
  • routingbyrumorroutingbyrumor Member Posts: 93 ■■□□□□□□□□
    The Bryant Advantage was great in helping me achieve my CCNA. I'm not a salesman or anything but following the videos and labs gave me more structure on the material than just reading it.
  • JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I have used Chris Bryant videos for the CCNA, i did read the Lamle book first, but I think you can get the CCNA just from watching his videos. I am using his videos for CCNP too and that and a home lab, you are set!
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Good to hear. I bought his stuff a while bacjk in anticipation of doing CCNA, but was wondering how reliable it was....Did you use the Train Signal version of his videos or just the ebooks he sells along with lab time?

Thanks.... icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

I have all the Train Signal videos by him. In fact, some people swear by the nuggets stuff, but really it was not real helpful for me, Chris Bryant is the man for teaching.

I notice on this forum(which I really like) the dynamips software does not get much play which i think is just crazy. That software is awesome, especially if you dont have thousands or even hundreds of dollars to spend on equipment. I have created a home lab with virtually 7-8 routers, a frame relay environment, ethernet segments, point to point serial links between routers and you can test just about every scenario you can imagine with it. I had Boson final CCNP version and never wanted to use it because the debug commands were so nill, that it was not worth my time to fool with it. Just 5 days ago i started playing with dynamips and dynagen and let me tell you, I already can build just about any lab environment i want. I will need to buy my own switch, but I will be able to use this as my CCIE lab as well. You can make the virtual routers talk to your real world equipment to function as if it was the real equipment. The only thing you lack is the actual touch of a real router in your hands, but I have dealt with routers enough that stuff is not really required to learn what you are really after, and it is the CLI and the function of it. The only thing required is an IOS image for a 7200 router which is what they emulate but that is easy enough to find.

They are currently working on ISDN emulation with it, which you need for CCNP but you dont need for CCIE, so really this thing is awesome! I highly suggest everyone who is asking what equipment to buy, not to buy any, just use this. I am sure I am not the only one, but I bet that I will be able to get the CCIE just from this software cause it is awesome, and it gets better with each release.
    Thanks JVE for the info...Glad to hear I did not waste mu money...I just don't hear really anyone talking about Chris Bryant much for CCNA etc prep....

I have the Train Signal stuff and his ebooks which includes some free lab time but the Dynamips sounds very interesting.....

Thanks.... icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

Ok, well can anyone tell me the Bryant Lab / material they used or have used in preparing for the CCNA?

Cheers guys.
  • JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Lab 19 for CCNA, Lab 23 for BSCI, Lab 24 for BSMSN
  • mensmens Member Posts: 69 ■■■□□□□□□□
    plus he has a funny accent!
    =)
    JVE,

Do you know if those CCNA Videos have been revised at all recently to correspond to newer material, or if the one I got about 9 months ago still valid? thanks.....

I dont think he revised it. I am sure he might want to think about revising his CCNP material. What sucks for him is he just released the BCRAN and CIT and those go away at the end of the year. CCNA i dont think changed much since he released it. It is a perfect study tool.
    Update: I spoke with Train Signal they said they are about to release an update to the CCNA LAB19 but the only change is to section 1C. Apparently something different about how he teaches subnetting...

They said they were going to send me an updated version, as soon as it is released in the next few days. I just thought that since the Cisco cert library had just been updated to edition 2, it migt have included new material that would also need updating on the videos....

Thanks again! icon_wink.gif

I purchased the CCNA study guide. I downloaded an ebook, but that is all that I received for the $50. The guide is a really good reading supplement for CBT's.
  • EJizzelEJizzel Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey JVE where can I get Info on dynamips, whats the damage$$$ ?
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    EJizzel wrote:
    Hey JVE where can I get Info on dynamips, whats the damage$$$ ?
    Dynamips is free. So is Dynagen (the front-end tool to make Dynamips easier). You do need an IOS image (7200 or 3600 series router).

Dynamips link:
    http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/index.php/Cisco_7200_Simulator

Blog for Dynamips support questions:
    http://www.ipflow.utc.fr/blog/

Dynagen -- The Dynamips Configuration Generator:
    http://dyna-gen.sourceforge.net/
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!