MeasureUP vs Pass4 70-410 R2

NickuaeNickuae Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi

I haven't taken a test in a good number of years and after reading some of the stories about how hard the MCSE 2012R2 is i think i need to invest in some practice exams, at least for my first one.
I have been watching the CBT Nuggets videos and doing some Labs as well as reading through Exam Ref 70-410.
I just wanted to know between MeasureUP and pass4 who have people found to be the most helpful.

Cheers

Nick

Comments

• ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    good question, im also looking to get a practice test
  • TestTitanTestTitan Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I used MeasureUP for 410 and passed on the first try. IMO 410 is the easiest. Using MeasureUP for 411 and 412 I failed each twice. The problem is that MeasureUP only gives you about 140 questions, and by the time you are hitting 90-100% its primarily because you've memorized the answers. This DOES NOT mean you're ready for the actual test. MeasureUP does offer a Pass Guarantee, but read the fine print, you need to follow their protocol. As for Pass4, I have not used them. I think given the rigor of the current exams their question banks need to be at least 300+ strong. This is just my experience
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have never used Pass4. I have used MeasureUp in the past (its been awhile) and I remember the questions being almost too easy. They also have a small test bank.

My preference, though not on your list, is Transcender. They are brutally hard at first but definitely push you to study and learn the material. Also their support is pretty quick to respond. I emailed them about a test question that had some incorrect information and they got back to me by the next morning (I emailed them at like 8pm).

Good luck.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • ed_003ed_003 Member Posts: 216
    do any of these give explanations on the answers
  • poolmanjimpoolmanjim Member Posts: 285 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Its been awhile since I looked at MeasureUp but I believe it did.

I know for a fact that Transcender does. They provide explanations and then link articles that explain the topic better.
    2019 Goals: Security+
    2020 Goals: 70-744, Azure
    Completed: MCSA 2012 (01/2016), MCSE: Cloud Platform and Infrastructure (07/2017), MCSA 2017 (09/2017)
    Future Goals: CISSP, CCENT
  • NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    The pass4 sounds like a brain **** website

Measure up is a valid testing website/company.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • NickuaeNickuae Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback, i will defo look into Transcender as i havent heard of that
  • Mack_XXIMack_XXI Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I personally recommend Transcender; for the 410 at least, which is what I am taking again soon. Like someone said, not only are the questions challenging, they offer an explanation to the solution and why answers were wrong.
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Mack_XXI wrote: »
    I personally recommend Transcender; for the 410 at least, which is what I am taking again soon. Like someone said, not only are the questions challenging, they offer an explanation to the solution and why answers were wrong.

True but 90% of the question they ask are not on the exam. I have the transcender studied it and still didn't pass the exam. Some of the questions didn't really apply to 70-410 ...

Well that's my thought.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • NickuaeNickuae Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Louie i have to agree with you. From what i have seen, some of the questions seem to be out of the scope of the Exam Ref book and all the videos i have been watching
  • Louie1277Louie1277 Member Posts: 505 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there other software for taking pre-exam test? Some not to expensive since money is tight right now.
    2018 Goals: 70-410 [X], 70-411 [],70-412 [] :bow: 410- Passed!!!!!!

My Goal for the Future
    2012 - *MCSA*(WHO KNOWS WHEN) KEEP FAILING!!!! Not enough time to pass the last 2 exams.
    2021 - *Security+*
    2022 - * Pen Tester*
  • Mack_XXIMack_XXI Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Louie1277 wrote: »
    True but 90% of the question they ask are not on the exam. I have the transcender studied it and still didn't pass the exam. Some of the questions didn't really apply to 70-410 ...

Well that's my thought.

I hear you. If anything I was only giving my answer in regards to comparing the two practice tests. I definetely wouldn't rely on them to pass the exam because like you, I too took the exam and know that the questions are very different. They do at least provide something to go off so that you may understand the overall content of the exam; which is most important.