Passed my network+ today 807! What next?

Trite & TrueTrite & True Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello! New here, i've just been lurking the past months (Strictly for study material on network+) I'm completely lost on what I should go for next though. I'm all for networking, currently a student worker at my university and just got a job being a work study in telecoms (Learning the physical aspect, analog phones, panels etc) than i'll be learning about the whole VoIP (The campus is split between VoIP and analog) I saw it as a GIANT foot in the door for networking, the only thing is, I don't know what I should study for next. My campus primarily uses Cisco equipment and the material in classes always lean towards cisco, but, I haven't taken any those classes (Specifically any networking classes) So i'm lost on what do. Right now I was thinking of waiting until i've taken a few networking classes combined with freelance studying before taking my CCENT or CCNA and just start my studying for Security+ or just study for my CCENT now. Any suggestions?

Primarily used Exam Cram N10-005 network+ and professor Messer videos for studying too!

Comments

• NetworkNewbNetworkNewb Member Posts: 3,298 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Start studying for CCENT now while all those networking concepts are in your head! There is definitely some a small amount of overlap so the beginning sections of the CCENT should be familiar to you.
  • Trite & TrueTrite & True Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    What would be some good study materials? I have Wendall odoms book already (for classes) is there anything else? I'm leaning either toward Boson or cbt, but I'm not sure which is better
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congrats Welcome to the Clubicon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Dakinggamer87Dakinggamer87 Member Posts: 4,016 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Congrats on pass!! icon_thumright.gif
    *Associate's of Applied Sciences degree in Information Technology-Network Systems Administration
    *Bachelor's of Science: Information Technology - Security, Master's of Science: Information Technology - Management
    Matthew 6:33 - "Seek the Kingdom of God above all else, and live righteously, and he will give you everything you need."

Certs/Business Licenses In Progress: AWS Solutions Architect, Series 6, Series 63
    Thank you all! Made me very happy to see that I passed once I did that just lovely survey lol
  • c0mptiac0mptia Member Posts: 149 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Very nicely done and congrats to you..maybe doing CCENT?
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
    That's what I plan on doing now, since it makes sense that I do so with networking on the brain and all haha
  • JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Congrats on your pass! and good luck in your CCENT studies if you go that route.
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM