Passed Net+

malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
Passed Net+ exam today with score of 707

Used Bill Ferguson Network+ Fastpass(Sybex), Sybex Network+ and the examcram 10-003 for practice tests. I'll get ISBN numbers if people want them!

If you use the Bill Ferguson book for general study/overview and use the Sybex book for more detailed description on topics, along with the ExamCram questions you will pass. I booked the exam a month before I sat it and studied around 12 - 15 hours per week for 4 weeks.

Thinking CCNA and CCDA late this year/early next year as I've already done the curriculum for the CCNA but never sat the exam!....Kinda regret that but I've got the study bug now so I'll get there!

Thanks for the advice and the technotes etc mr webmaster

Malc

Comments

• Megadeth4168Megadeth4168 Member Posts: 2,157
  • WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
  • TecShdwTecShdw Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would like the ISBN's for those books. I currently have the Network+ Exam N10-002 by Que Publishing ISBN 0-7897-2830-3. Does anyone know if this book is anygood. I'm about half-way through it, and so far I'm extremely familiar with most of it [from working...lol]. icon_wink.gif
    PC Technician Certified - MCSA Server 2003, MCTS-Vista
    My Site - My Forum
  • janmikejanmike Member Posts: 3,076
    Congratulations!
    "It doesn't matter, it's in the past!"--Rafiki
  • malcyboodmalcybood Member Posts: 900 ■■■□□□□□□□
    TecShdw wrote:
    I would like the ISBN's for those books. I currently have the Network+ Exam N10-002 by Que Publishing ISBN 0-7897-2830-3. Does anyone know if this book is anygood. I'm about half-way through it, and so far I'm extremely familiar with most of it [from working...lol]. icon_wink.gif

Title - Network+ Fastpass (Highly Recommended)
    Author - Bill Ferguson
    ISBN 0782144071
    2 x Practice Exams included + Electronic Flashcards on CD

Title - Network+ Study Guide: Exam N10-003 (Very detailed)
    Author - David Groth
    ISBN - 0782144063
    2 x Practice exams on CD

Title - Network+ Practice Questions: Exam N10-003
    Author - Charles J. Brooks
    ISBN - 0789733528
    500 Practice Questions on all topics covered in Net+ exam

I got all of the books on www.Amazon.co.uk relatively cheap, the dearest was the Sybex Net+ at 22UK pounds the other 2 were around 12UK pounds each.

Hope this helps and good luck man!
  • TecShdwTecShdw Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Awsome! I'll have to pick up at least that first one when I get some cash, I can get it from Superbookdeals.com for 16 US Dollars! (I know, it's not a lot but I'm on a budget, I have 3 kids icon_eek.gif )

Thanks, I think that the flash cards and practice exams will be very valuable.
    PC Technician Certified - MCSA Server 2003, MCTS-Vista
    My Site - My Forum