Finally taking ICND1 exam today

RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
Going to take this exam in about an hour. I am not nervous at all and I think I am well prepared. I have been putting this off for almost a year due to work and procrastination. Wish me luck!

Comments

• MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck man! I am sure you will knock it out of the park. Just watch those tricky sub net question and you will be good!
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
  • ITBotITBot Member Posts: 114 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Come back with your shield!
  • RomBUSRomBUS Member Posts: 699 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Soon discouraged right now.... I failed with an 801 out of an 805 passing score. I ran out of time with about 8 questions left (rushed the last 3 or so) . I'm so pissed because only ONE simlet took a lot of my time. I definitely would've passed if I didn't have one more simulation question but I did along the way.

This is the first time I ever let time beat me in an exam. And it's a shitty feeling especially failing by that close of a margin.

Not sure if I should continue with Cisco or just keep going with my MS studies.
    I got the exact same score just over a month ago. I even posted about it in here. It's brutal getting so close to passing. I took two weeks to study my weak areas, took the test again and passed with a 940 and 40 mins left on the clock. Don't get discouraged. Think of it as a practice test. You know what to study and focus on now. Take a couple weeks to study and then come back and crush it!
    Thanks for the words of encouragement. I've calmed down since I came back from the exam center but I hate lamenting on this for the whole day.
    Trust me I know how much it sucks! For a couple days after, I would look at my wife and say 801. Ha! It will feel awesome after you pass though so look forward to that!
  • Jon_CiscoJon_Cisco Member Posts: 1,772 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Thanks sucks but keep your head up. You were very close on your first Cisco exam. Now you know what to expect going into it the next time.

Good Luck!
  • daniel280187daniel280187 Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No worries, it is very upsetting now but use all that frustration to motivate yourself and smash the next exam.

Now that you've got the experience you can practice not only your weaknesses but you the timing to answer all of the questions in the time required.

I am sure you will pass it easily the next time. Don't give up!!

Good luck.
  • MooseboostMooseboost Member Posts: 778 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You were so close, you will nail it next time for sure! I wouldn't let it discourage you. Know the areas that you were weak in and work on those a bit then retake. You will blow it out of the water.
    I'm taking another crack at this exam today! Wish me luck!
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Good luck RomBUS, hope you nail it.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Look at the positive side - if you moved on from the sim - you still had 8 questions to go! Could easily have passed :) so you are close!
  • mikeybinecmikeybinec Member Posts: 484 ■■■□□□□□□□
    gorebrush wrote: »
    Look at the positive side - if you moved on from the sim - you still had 8 questions to go! Could easily have passed :) so you are close!

..........and half of them would probably be subnetting questions!!
    Cisco NetAcad Cuyamaca College
    A.S. LAN Management 2010 Grossmont College
    B.S. I.T. Management 2013 National University
    Just came home not too long and....

I PASSED!!!! 894/1000!! So excited in this moment right now. Nothing can put me in a bad mood right now! Can't wait to tell everyone (that cares)!

Thank you guys for giving me hope! Every bit counted!
  • JameswebJamesweb Member Posts: 144
    Hey man, I got tell you how great that is! That is really awesome that you did not give up and wow, look how great you did on it this time around!! I am studying for mine right now and find myself getting a little discouraged feeling stuck in subnetting in Lammle's book on class A's but I just keep at it somehow. I just hope I have the same great fortitude that you have coming up for my exam. Good luck on your next one!!!
    Currently working on CCENT/CCNA and CAPM
  • koz24koz24 Member Posts: 766 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats RomBUS, it's a great feeling.