Options

Ex236

brombulecbrombulec Member Posts: 186 ■■■□□□□□□□
I had my exam on Friday.
Quite interesting topic but very intense exam - only 2 hours to complete all the tasks.

The only book I used was the "Administration guide" from RedHat site.

The testing environment:
8 KVM VMs with 4 bricks each based on Centos 6.6 with GlusterFS 3.7 from Storage for your Cloud. — Gluster (1CPU, 1GB RAM, each brick - 1GB of HDD - vdb, vdc...)
But I strongly recommend an official version from RedHat (evaluation is available from the sales representative)

I'm still waiting for my results.

EDIT: Status -passed :) RHCA Level 2 achieved.

--
Regards

Comments

• Options
    HailHogwashHailHogwash Member Posts: 87 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations! What are you planning to do next ?

I have the 236 in mind but they are just too expensive to do here. 900USD per exam. I might do them when I go home for a visit.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    Thanks guys.
    @chanakyajupudi - I should pass EX442 :) to complete the "canonical path" of RHCA :)
  • Options
    chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Cool!

Best of luck with that. I believe it is not the easiest of exams unless you have tuning experience.
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• Options
    I know that this is the most difficult exam on the path but for me "failure is not an option" :)
    If I want to pass JNCIE-SEC I have to try with the easier exams first :)
  • Options
    XavorXavor Member Posts: 161
    Employer sponsored? I have trouble justifying taking exams past the RHCE. I'll study the material, but the cost of the test is so high I don't know if it returns dividends.
  • Options
    Sponsored by me :) I think that this is a good investment and I hope that I can get a job with a salary sufficient to cover this expenses in one or two months.
    The other topic is the availability of materials but the Internet is so wide and deep ...
  • Options
    digitalixdigitalix Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    hey brombulec

I'm actually thinking of smashing through EX236 before EX210. I know the NDA not to talk about it (RHCE,RHCVA here) but I find it hard to get a test version from RH. If I follow your path what are the chances of them throwing a curve ball at me ? any tricky questions or is it fairly straight forward

Cheers