Options

Port violation

manyagagmanyagag Registered Users Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hello guys,

am keeping getting the port violation error on the switch to one of my branch, even after removing access list, as per i set up the alert ash shown "Status: PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION
Details: 2050: 002189: *Mar 7 22:16:00 Tanzani: %PORT_SECURITY-2-PSECURE_VIOLATION: Security violation occurred, caused by MAC address 30aa.bdb9.bd9f on port FastEthernet0/3."

the strange is once port violate it shutdown port for a while like 5 minutes so cause a lot of issues for a users.
anyone with idea on how i can sort this out!!!!:)icon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gificon_rolleyes.gif

regards,manyagag.

Comments

• Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Is there a host with MAC address 30aa.bdb9.bd9f that was plugged there before? It seems like a host was on fa0/3. Then you plugged another host on that port while Port Security already learned the old MAC. What is the maximum MAC addresses allowed?

The reason it shuts down is the default behaviour of Port Security violation, which is "shutdown". You can change this later with "switchport port-security violation {...}". But for now, I suggest you do a "no switchport port-security" on the port to disable Port Security, then check what MAC addresses are learned on it, with "show mac address-table interface f0/3".

Keep us informed.