Passed GCIH

billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
Hi all,

I just passed the GCIH today. I made a very long index covering attacks, tools, windows commands, linux commands, and the 6 step ih. It took me the full 4 months but I really didn't begin studying until May due to just being busy. I read through the books twice and went over labs and I was good to go. I scored in the mid 80s. I'm glad to have it finished. It's good to have another SANS cert under belt.

Comments

• cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Congrats! SEC504/GCIH is the course/cert that I've enjoyed most. What's next for you?
  • chanakyajupudichanakyajupudi Member Posts: 712
    Congratulations!
    Work In Progress - RHCA [ ] Certified Cloud Security Professional [ ] GMON/GWAPT if Work Study is accepted [ ]
    http://adarsh.amazonwebservices.ninja

• billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
    Thanks guys! Working on my Masters next!
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • yehudahyehudah Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats Billy. I'm I a pickle; I failed in my first attempt (scored 70 on by practice exams). After studying for 3 weeks, and pouring over the material, I was sure I'd pass the actual exam.

So I'm regrouping and want to take it again the first week in October. Would you have a spare GCIH practice exam to give, or know of anyone who does?

Thanks for your consideration,

Yehudah
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! I hope to pass this soon.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    Don't you get two practice exams when you pay for the test?
  • billyr2009billyr2009 Member Posts: 120
    Sorry Yehudah, I actually do not have any spares. I used both of my practice tests when I was studying for the test. Try the DFIR forum on SANS. Once in a while, you will get an email that someone is giving away practice exams. You have over a month to pass the exam, you should do fine since that is plenty of time. Just keep up on studying. Good luck!
  • Michael-Michael- Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Justin-Justin- Member Posts: 300
    Congrats on the pass! What material did you use for the GCIH exam?

Cheers.
  • 5ekurity5ekurity Member Posts: 346 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass! I'm taking this in November with Kevin Fiscus - really looking forward to it!
  • mataimatai Member Posts: 232 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats!

Did you find that the C|EH helped at all as a primer?
    Current: CISM, CISA, CISSP, SSCP, GCIH, GCWN, C|EH, VCP5-DCV, VCP5-DT, CCNA Sec, CCNA R&S, CCENT, NPP, CASP, CSA+, Security+, Linux+, Network+, Project+, A+, ITIL v3 F, MCSA Server 2012 (70-410, 70-411, 74-409), 98-349, 98-361, 1D0-610, 1D0-541, 1D0-520
    In Progress: ​Not sure...
  • ansel1261ansel1261 Member Posts: 24 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • hangmanhangman Member Posts: 9 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • DAVIS NGUYENDAVIS NGUYEN Member Posts: 1,472 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • CIPHERSTONECIPHERSTONE Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    That's a great accomplishment, congrats!
  • CIPHERSTONECIPHERSTONE Member Posts: 30 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Have my GCIH scheduler for April 25, been working like a fiend on my index, reviewing. Would you consider sharing your index/materials you put together? I'd love a second source to use as a reference. If so, my email is stvlange (at) gmail (dot) com. Thanks for the consideration, and congrats again!