Second interview question->

sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

I have a second interview tommorow with the CTO and CEO of the company I am applying to. This company is an IT Consulting company and I will be doing Desktop Support and then training on their software to be a consultant.

What should I expect from the CTO and CEO? What kind of questions? I already interviewed w/ the devlopers and network admin of the company.

Thanks guys!

Comments

• stljoeystljoey Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
    can I ask if you live in St. Louis?
  • sharptechsharptech Member Posts: 492 ■■□□□□□□□□
    No I do not live in St. Louis..
    Well keep applying to other jobs you will get one!

I am looking for people who have interviewed w/ CTO's etc.. and what kind of questions they asked.. thanks!
    I dont think my company even had a CTO but they had a CEO. I was interviwed by tech guys and they asked specific job questions and what software to use, etc.

I was always told that if you dont know something...you can always say I may not know this specific task but I am always eager to learn and pick up things very quickly
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    WHY OH WHY do you have to put that ojb description in EVERY post? Thats 5 i have seen!!! you would think it was you recruiting!!!!

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    because not everyone reads every post...for sure I dont read every posts everyone puts on here. I would like to have a better understanding so I include all the info. that is required.
    Sie wrote:
    WHY OH WHY do you have to put that ojb description in EVERY post? Thats 5 i have seen!!! you would think it was you recruiting!!!!

icon_evil.gificon_evil.gificon_evil.gif
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yeah, lets all screw the forum and ask the same questions over and over to be sure everyone reads them.Dont you think that attitude is counter productive? Maybe the interviewer picked up on this selfish attitude and thats why you didnt get the job?
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    sharptech wrote:
    Hey guys,

I have a second interview tommorow with the CTO and CEO of the company I am applying to. This company is an IT Consulting company and I will be doing Desktop Support and then training on their software to be a consultant.

What should I expect from the CTO and CEO? What kind of questions? I already interviewed w/ the devlopers and network admin of the company.

Thanks guys!

I would imagine non technical, but you never know maybe the CEO has a technical background.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • SieSie Member Posts: 1,195
    Yes sorry sharp i didnt reply to your topic and just had a moan at 'someone'.

I think it will be more 'HR', getting to know you type interview but just be on your toes incase the CTO throws a couple of questions in.

Just relax and show them who you are as a person. :D
    Foolproof systems don't take into account the ingenuity of fools
    I should have known...you are foreign:) you are from England anyway:)
    Sie wrote:
    Yes sorry sharp i didnt reply to your topic and just had a moan at 'someone'.

I think it will be more 'HR', getting to know you type interview but just be on your toes incase the CTO throws a couple of questions in.

Just relax and show them who you are as a person. :D
    Thanks guys for the replys appreciate it.
  • forbeslforbesl Member Posts: 454
    stljoey wrote:
    I should have known...you are foreign:) you are from England anyway:)
    I really hope Webmaster fries your little butt over that comment, as well as others you have made in the short time you've been a member here.
  • ukeuke Member Posts: 20 ■□□□□□□□□□
    what do you think? what kind of education and experience is required for this type of position?

It looks like the requirements for a desktop support technician, web designer, project manager, and network technician all wrapped into one job. In other words, you'd be doing the work of 4 people...

I would certainly hope that the pay for this would be very good, since you're doing the work of multiple different types of roles.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    sharptech wrote:
    I have a second interview tommorow with the CTO and CEO of the company I am applying to. This company is an IT Consulting company
    If its a small company, the CTO and CEO might have been techies with business skills that started the company -- so they could hit you up with tech questions.

But I've also seen small companies started by business types who hire the talent to get the job done.

If you've already made it past the technical hurdles, this could be the interview where how you say stuff is more important than what you say -- if that makes sense. Since you'd be out with customers, how do you present yourself? Are you comfortable meeting with strangers? Are you clear and thoughtful in what you say -- or do you stumble over your words and say "uh uh uh uh" a lot? Do you listen, and answer the question? Do you maintain your train of thought if interrupted?

This is also where they size you up -- do they like you enough to have you hang around the office when you're not out making money for them?

Good Luck!
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
    Thanks Mike-

Those kind of questions I will be expecting.. These guys probably want to see if I am fit for their company. Should be a good interview- hoping the first part was more difficult then this will be.

Will let you know how it goes.
  • skylineskyline Member Posts: 135
    Usually with the 2nd round they will try and get a better gague on how you will mesh with them & quite possibly some more advanced technical questions depending on the hardware that you will be supporting

It's your's to lose.. So don't **** it up! icon_thumright.gif
    Goals for '11
    MCITP: EA
    ITIL
    CCNA

Studying:
    MS press book 70-680
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Senior Member Posts: 0 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Do people find these posts on google and just reply to them? So many old posts get bumped around here.