Off to take BSCI this morning! - update = PASSED

JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
I feel that I am fully prepared, lets hope the Cisco people are not going to throw me a curve ball. Here is the bad news, as soon as I get back from the test, if i pass, time to start studying for BCMSN! Ill report as soon as return!

Update *** Scored a 989! I was surprised as there were a couple that threw me for a second, but I took my time and was very pleased when I hit the end button! Thanks for this forum! Off for BCMSN now.

Comments

• mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Congratulations! icon_thumright.gif

Well -- what it? What was the best? I'm sure lots of other frantic people thinking of beating the old test deadline want to know.

Was it Train Signals? Are they the magic bullet for studying for this exam?

Was it Dynamips?

Books?
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • JVEJVE Member Posts: 76 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Well i did use Train Signal which I think is super helpful, I tried Nugget and it was no good for this subject. TrainSignal, then I read the Doyle book to re inforce and for the last week have been playing with Dynamips non stop! Which I think really set it all home for me. But Train Signal was the best part of it, as he really explains things well, then you pick up a book(i could not read the Claire Gough book)Routing TCP/IP Vol 1 second edition and Routing TCP Vol 2(section on BGP only) and practice with Dyanamips, or if you have a home lab.
  • Ching01Ching01 Member Posts: 83 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats, nice score,

Just want to know if IS-IS has a major part in BSCI exam, I am having difficulty studying this routing protocol the difference and similarities it's mixing to my

I am done reading my Sybex CCNP and now studying the CCNP academy 3 more modules and I'll take the BSCI exam this end of September.

Tonight I'll finish this IS-IS routing concept and tommorow off to configurations.
    It is not big on the exam, but I would know it. Really I felt that ISIS was something to fear, but in my mind, that is the easiest routing protocol to master, I was in total fear of BGP! but I scored a 100% on that section :D
  • RandyCCIE#TBDRandyCCIE#TBD Member Posts: 43 ■■□□□□□□□□
    thats an incredible score, great job. Is anyone actually using IS-IS on the job? It seems a joke that this protocol is tested at all on this exam.
    Having to study for it makes me downright angry.
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    Good Job JVE and nice score too! how many is that in the set? are you trying to avoid the november deadline?

Just curious howcome you couldnt read the Gough book? was it hard going? I used the Gough book way back when I took my BSCI and found it the best source.

Youve given yourself a head start for later on reading the doyle books, they are a must on the CCIE wannabies shopping list!
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
    I found the Gough book boring!! Sorry, not to offend, as soon as I would read 4-5 pages, my eyes would get heavy!

For the set, this was the first! Yes, I want to finish before November/December, although I would love the new material info. My plan is to get CCNP, then get CCVP, then get CCIE in Routing and Switching, then possibly CCIE in voice! So I have a long road ahead, but I want CCIE by the end of next year, so I will hit it hard! I know I can do it!
  • wildfirewildfire Member Posts: 654
    I found the Gough book boring!! Sorry, not to offend, as soon as I would read 4-5 pages, my eyes would get heavy!

For the set, this was the first! Yes, I want to finish before November/December, although I would love the new material info. My plan is to get CCNP, then get CCVP, then get CCIE in Routing and Switching, then possibly CCIE in voice! So I have a long road ahead, but I want CCIE by the end of next year, so I will hit it hard! I know I can do it!

HAHAH No offence taken I didnt write it! its good to see a different approach, if you thought Gough was boaring you should try the QOS book Im re-reading now, 4-5 LINES and my eyes are heavy!

A very good plan you have there and I wish you good luck not that you will need it. Whats next in the CCNP? BCMSN or BCRAN?
    Looking for CCIE lab study partnerts, in the UK or Online.
    Going with BCMSN which I have already started studying for. 3 weeks I hope and I will be ready, then BCRAN and finally CIT!
  • EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    wildfire wrote:

I liked the QoS book icon_smile.gif , CIT is boring and works like a sleeping tablet.

Personally i would not rush to finish the CCNP if i was beginning at exam number 1, the course is changing for a reason.The BCRAN and CIT exams are a waste of space in my opinion.I value the CCIP far above the CCNP, but
    now that i've started down this road i will finish it.
    The CIT is a good revision exam, i'm focusing on revising the other 3 exams rather than the CIT material for the moment.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • mwgoodmwgood Member Posts: 293
    wildfire wrote:
    HAHAH No offence taken I didnt write it! its good to see a different approach, if you thought Gough was boaring you should try the QOS book Im re-reading now, 4-5 LINES and my eyes are heavy!

Let me guess... Vegesna?
    Ed I just looked at the CCIP and I might have to go that route. I will still take the BCMSN first as that will still be needed on the new CCNP, or at least that wont be one to change very much. Thanks for the tip
  • ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats man! Looks like you are really moving there...I guess that you are right about Bryant.....

I think I will follow your advice for sure, now!

Good luck on the next one... icon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

congrats on the pass
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • MrDMrD Member Posts: 441
    Yeah grats! That is an incredible score. I agree that the bryant advantage rocks the house!