Options

looking for flash card software - cycles automatically

knewboldknewbold Member Posts: 42 ■■□□□□□□□□
hi
just a quick one, as im at work, so I cant hunt for this

im after a piece of software to cycle one sided flash cards automatically - displaying them in the bottom corner of my screen, changing say, every 30 seconds

any ideas

Comments

• Options
    NetworkingStudentNetworkingStudent Member Posts: 1,407 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I'm not sure this is what you're looking for, but try quizlet.com
    They have a great flash card website.
    When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened."

--Alexander Graham Bell,
    American inventor
  • Options
    ideally im after some software if possible, as will be offline
  • Options
    BlackBeretBlackBeret Member Posts: 683 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Language-Learning Software and Online Courses | Transparent Language
    The CL-150 software was great for language flash cards. It can be used online or offline, you can set them to cycle, read out loud or just show the card. There's really powerful authoring software and a whole host of snazzy features so really can you make your own cards for anything that you want, not just languages. As far as showing the bottom corner, it'd likely have to be a resized window.

I had this provided for me through work, so I can't speak to its cost, but it really is great software for flash cards. I'll keep looking for simple on-screen flash card software, I'm curious now myself. It could be very useful.
  • Options
    MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Anki is decent
  • Options
    I have anki, however with most pieces of software - its designed for 2 sided cards, with a question and answer

I am looking for something that just shows for example

port 22 - SSH
    waits a bit then cycles to
    Port 25 - SMTP

etc etc

most are question and answer style ones - I just need statements to catch my eye when working
  • Options
    vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey knewbold. You could always just create a keynote / powerpoint with the slides acting as the single-sided flash cards. Set it to presentation mode with 30 second intervals between slides icon_thumright.gif