Passed the CISSP test today (3rd Attempt)

SuperISSOSuperISSO Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
ALCON,

I finally passed the CISSP Test. Third time is a charm as I failed this 2x before. This time, I did not change any questions. I only reviewed to make sure that I answered everything. Took me about 5 hours with NO Breaks.

Spiritual Resources:
Praying to GOD.

Book Resources:
CBOK 4th Edition & Questions
Shon Harris 6th Edition & Questions
Conrad 11th Hour & Questions

Practice Questions:
Sybex (book)
For Dummies (book)
Shon Harris New Questions
Transcender
CCC Cure Full Subscription
CCC Cure Scenario
Conrad (2012)

Audio Resources
Shon Harris MP3

Video Resources:
Cybrary
Skill Port

Comments

• praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Great job !!! I'm sure you are relieved.
  • Hunter85Hunter85 Member Posts: 60 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats, you deserve a good celebration now
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Also passed on my 3rd attempt. Congrats!
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • sesha437sesha437 Member Posts: 48 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Really superb!!!!
    Hats off to your dedication...you deserve it..enjoy fully!!!

congrats!!!!
  • jt2929jt2929 Member Posts: 244 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass!
  • grungeisevilgrungeisevil Member Posts: 39 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Major respect on the dedication! I would have probably gone hiatus on the failure of the first attempt. Congratulations!
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    God is good Congrats. Keep it up!icon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats!! Thinking back, what would you have done different in terms of preparation? What do you think helped you get over the hump to pass?
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    Excellent, well done! I admire your tenacity, shows that wig persistence it can be done :)
  • !nf0s3cure!nf0s3cure Member Posts: 161 ■■□□□□□□□□
    So now you are Super(C)ISSO(P).

Good work. Well done.
  • CyberscumCyberscum Member Posts: 795 ■■■■■□□□□□
    greg9891 wrote: »
    God is good Congrats. Keep it up!icon_cheers.gif

+1

Great job! Relax and enjoy
  • SuperISSOSuperISSO Member Posts: 47 ■■■□□□□□□□
    g33k3r wrote: »
    Congrats!! Thinking back, what would you have done different in terms of preparation? What do you think helped you get over the hump to pass?

I would have began praying earlier. As for study materials, I would have tried to just read Shon Harris & CBOK books, listened to the Shon Harris MP3s, used the Cybrary.it videos, and then looked more at NIST documentation. Different book authors seem to have contradictory statements on even the most basic things. This can make a simple subject take a longer time to comprehend.
  • g33k3rg33k3r Member Posts: 249 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the feedback! I hear you on the contradiction by different authors. Although I will probably buy the Shon Harris book, I don't know if I can truly afford to read it cover to cover given my work schedule and family obligations. I am already putting in 3 or 4 hours a night prepping my notes and ensuring I understand them fully. Right now I am going through the Eric Conrad Study Guide book to develop my base notes that I will add to from other sources as I begin practice questions. The Cybrary videos were a great starting point to get my mode of thinking focused on the topics.

Congrats again!!!
  • kukkukukku Member Posts: 130 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Congrats and kudos for not let yourself down after the first two attempts and taking it again..Many people wont be able to do it..Once again Congrats..
  • ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    kudos for the persistence and congrats!