Options

Best Way to revise in shortest time for cisco

mirror51mirror51 Member Posts: 84 ■■■□□□□□□□
Guys,

I did CCNA CCNP CCNA Security and CCIP in 2011.
I didn't work in that field as i got programming job so i didn'w read that stuff.

Now my job is programming but i need to do some programming in ISP routers and switches.

I have now forgot my concepts .

What is easiest way to go though all stuff in shortest time.

Although there will be network guy with me to help but i just to refresh all my knowledge in shortest time possible

All videos which i see are very long .

I want some fast brush up of concepts in all exams above

Comments

• Options
    techfiendtechfiend Member Posts: 1,481 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That was a busy year for you, maybe try the simplified books by Browning. I'm currently reading the second part of his CCNA in 60 days and loving it, it's very to the point and basically an exam cram with labbing.
    2018 AWS Solutions Architect - Associate (Apr) 2017 VCAP6-DCV Deploy (Oct) 2016 Storage+ (Jan)
    2015 Start WGU (Feb) Net+ (Feb) Sec+ (Mar) Project+ (Apr) Other WGU (Jun) CCENT (Jul) CCNA (Aug) CCNA Security (Aug) MCP 2012 (Sep) MCSA 2012 (Oct) Linux+ (Nov) Capstone/BS (Nov) VCP6-DCV (Dec) ITILF (Dec)
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    mirror51 wrote: »
    Guys,

I did CCNA CCNP CCNA Security and CCIP in 2011.
    I didn't work in that field as i got programming job so i didn'w read that stuff.
    Wow, can you share the easiest way to do all those certs in one year? CCNP took me a little less than two years by itself, and it was the old track.
  • Options
    HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Really, You passed 7 of some of the hardest IT exams in under 12 months and your seeking advice on how to "refresh" your skills in the shortest time. This looks like one of those posts you see on the **** sites.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    fredrikjjfredrikjj Member Posts: 879
    To answer the OP's question, the CCNP RS and the CCIP exams basically cover the topics in CCIE:RS so the fastest way to refresh that material is probably the CCIE RS Official Certification Guide. The cert guide for the previous CCIE version was only one book so that's probably what you should read for a quick review. Just don't expect it to cover every single aspect of the topics as that would obviously be impossible in just a single book. this is the book I'm talking about: http://www.amazon.com/CCIE-Routing-Switching-Certification-Guide/dp/1587059800/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1438181716&sr=8-2&keywords=ccie+routing+and+switching+version+4
    Really, You passed 7 of some of the hardest IT exams in under 12 months and your seeking advice on how to "refresh" your skills in the shortest time. This looks like one of those posts you see on the **** sites.

In 2011, CCNP RS was 3 exams, just like the current version. You had two moderately difficult exams (Route and Switch) and one that was a freebie (Tshoot). CCIP could be done in only two exams, QoS and BGP+MPLS, because Route carried over from CCNP:RS. I can't really comment on the CCIP exams, but QoS on a "CCNP level" isn't a huge topic in terms of scope. BGP+MPLS seems like a bit of a time sink if you don't know anything about it going in. CCNA:Security doesn't cover a ton of material. It seems feasible to me that you could pass those exams in one year, legitimately, especially if you have some prior familiarity with the material so that CCNA:RS doesn't take you long, and if you study more or less every day.

I personally "know" that I could have passed these exams in one year if I had been highly motivated. CCNP:RS took me 3 months for Route and 2 months for Switch and I, in hindsight, could have shaved a few weeks off each one with better studying. A month for CCNA:Security perhaps. A month for CCIP QoS. What's my point? Well, maybe people shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions when they have no idea who the person who started this topic even is.
  • Options
    fredrikjj wrote: »
    To answer the OP's question, the CCNP RS and the CCIP exams basically cover the topics in CCIE:RS so the fastest way to refresh that material is probably the CCIE RS Official Certification Guide. The cert guide for the previous CCIE version was only one book so that's probably what you should read for a quick review. Just don't expect it to cover every single aspect of the topics as that would obviously be impossible in just a single book. this is the book I'm talking about: CCIE Routing and Switching Certification Guide (4th Edition): 9781587059803: Computer Science Books @ Amazon.com

In 2011, CCNP RS was 3 exams, just like the current version. You had two moderately difficult exams (Route and Switch) and one that was a freebie (Tshoot). CCIP could be done in only two exams, QoS and BGP+MPLS, because Route carried over from CCNP:RS. I can't really comment on the CCIP exams, but QoS on a "CCNP level" isn't a huge topic in terms of scope. BGP+MPLS seems like a bit of a time sink if you don't know anything about it going in. CCNA:Security doesn't cover a ton of material. It seems feasible to me that you could pass those exams in one year, legitimately, especially if you have some prior familiarity with the material so that CCNA:RS doesn't take you long, and if you study more or less every day.

I personally "know" that I could have passed these exams in one year if I had been highly motivated. CCNP:RS took me 3 months for Route and 2 months for Switch and I, in hindsight, could have shaved a few weeks off each one with better studying. A month for CCNA:Security perhaps. A month for CCIP QoS. What's my point? Well, maybe people shouldn't be so quick to jump to conclusions when they have no idea who the person who started this topic even is.

I'm quick to judge when some one passed those exams in that little time frame and now is asking what's the quickest way to refresh his knowledge. How about the notes he took while trudging along the CCNP trail or Portable command line guide or CCNP R/S quick reference. One would know of these while doing the studies legitimately. But, the OP maybe a Doogie Howser and just busted them all out. Just my 2 cents.
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • Options
    Just to Clear .

It took

4 Months for CCNA (That was first time i entered networking and it took time)

3 Months ROUTE

3 Months SWITCH

1 MONTH TSHOOT ( As i had grasped good concepts at that time )

2 MONTH QOS

2 Months for BGP

Of all my Exams the Exam i Loved most was QOS (wow the stuff i always wanted to know)

I have BGP exam the most

I was full time home only study cisco . It was little more than year may be 15 months
  • Options
    Just One question as i forgot now does the Q in Q tunnelling was in CCNP syllabus or not . I had to program that stuff and i was not sure whether i did it and forgot it or thats was not in CCNP :)
  • Options
    I would pick this book up. http://www.amazon.com/CCNP-Routing-Switching-Quick-Reference/dp/1587202840/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1438256049&sr=8-1&keywords=ccnp+quick+reference

I now use it as my field bible. I keep the CCNA/CCNP Route/CCNP Switch and CCNA Security portable commandline guides on my desk any time I need a quick review.