Remedy sucks!

TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
Does anyone else feel the same way? Remedy is the worst ticketing system I have ever used. It can't even search or sort properly.

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    I'm not a big fan of Remedy or Clarify. I hate all ticket systems though to be honest!
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • kohr-ahkohr-ah Member Posts: 1,277
    Remedy worked great until it became a web-client.
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    I hear you my current environment uses Remedy and I hate every second I need to go in and do something with it.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Worked with it for 6+ years. Haven't touched it since 2012 and I do not miss it.
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • Khaos1911Khaos1911 Member Posts: 366
    Unicenter Service Desk FTW!!!
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    What I find interesting is that the management likes it. I wonder what type of prices they are getting in order to keep these contracts. Theres so many better ticketing systems out there.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    IBM. I think that's all that needs to be said...
  • CCNTraineeCCNTrainee Member Posts: 213
    Oh Remedy... Glad I am not the only one that is feeling this pain.
  • praminpramin Member Posts: 138 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I'm not a big fan of Remedy or Clarify. I hate all ticket systems though to be honest!

Have used them both. They are old as dirt. :)
  • GessGess Member Posts: 144 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I have a feeling this thread will be long. Very long.

;)
  • JoJoCal19JoJoCal19 Mod Posts: 2,835 Mod
    I used Remedy ITSM ticket system for 8 years at a large financial firm and loved it. Used many others there and since then including Touch Paper, Maximo, Oracle OIM (not intended for ticketing but after a bastardized implementation failed hard they bailed on it), and now FootPrints Servicedesk. Remedy ITSM was far and away the best. Maybe it was the fact they had unlimited pockets and had an amazing implementation?
    Have: CISSP, CISM, CISA, CRISC, eJPT, GCIA, GSEC, CCSP, CCSK, AWS CSAA, AWS CCP, OCI Foundations Associate, ITIL-F, MS Cyber Security - USF, BSBA - UF, MSISA - WGU
    Currently Working On: Python, OSCP Prep
    Next Up:​ OSCP
    Studying:​ Code Academy (Python), Bash Scripting, Virtual Hacking Lab Coursework
    My perception of it would improve greatly if I could have the ticket/page open for more than 5 minutes without it timing out.
  • kurosaki00kurosaki00 Member Posts: 973
    Ive used many ticketing systems and Remedy is on the lower end for sure.
    meh
  • DevilWAHDevilWAH Member Posts: 2,997 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I have used Remedy in multi billion $ Global companies and at the other end of the scale companies with a 10-20 users. Remedy is a hugely flexible system. IT is not a out of the box ready to run bit of software. The variety of experiences has been so great that if there was not the branding you would have no idea that it was the same software being implemented underneath. The software is not a problem, how it is implemented and configured is what makes the difference.

With a team of 15 full time engineers just to manage Remedy, it has worked perfectly managing a global estate of 400,000+ servers and network devices. great workflows and change management implementation made passing work around and informing the correct people simple and stright forward. However in another big company it was the worst thing about the job.
    • If you can't explain it simply, you don't understand it well enough. Albert Einstein
    • An arrow can only be shot by pulling it backward. So when life is dragging you back with difficulties. It means that its going to launch you into something great. So just focus and keep aiming.
  • spicy ahispicy ahi Member Posts: 413 ■■□□□□□□□□
    We need a remedy for Remedy.... icon_lol.gif
    Spicy :cool: Mentor the future! Be a CyberPatriot!
    spicy ahi wrote: »
    We need a remedy for Remedy.... icon_lol.gif

Nerd alert lol
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • SephStormSephStorm Member Posts: 1,731 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Remedy is the best ticketing system I have ever used. There probably are better ones out there, most companies don't have such a system so I usually find myself asking "Why the * don't we get Remedy?"
  • TheFORCETheFORCE Member Posts: 2,297 ■■■■■■■■□□
    SephStorm wrote: »
    Remedy is the best ticketing system I have ever used. There probably are better ones out there, most companies don't have such a system so I usually find myself asking "Why the * don't we get Remedy?"

I can't tell if you are being sarcastic or if you are serious right now.
  • stlsmoorestlsmoore Member Posts: 515 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I didn't like our setup but like DevilWAH mentioned I think it's all about the implementation and deep pockets to get any real use out of it.
    My Cisco Blog Adventure: http://shawnmoorecisco.blogspot.com/

Don't Forget to Add me on LinkedIn!
    https://www.linkedin.com/in/shawnrmoore
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • Jamm1nJamm1n Member Posts: 106 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Ha Remedy! Glad I am not the only one to feel the pain, its true though managers love it.
  • kenrinkenrin Member Posts: 51 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It is better than most other ticketing systems I have used. I never liked how it was all in your face yes or no and impossible to go back.

Management got mad when there was one month 95% of the tickets was "quick ticket". After that, we started going down the shortest tree and using it for every single call. Defeats the entire purpose of a ticketing system with bad implementation.

Using Cerberus now =)
  • bpennbpenn Member Posts: 499
    I use Remedy everyday and it isn't too bad. I never have many problems but, then again, I have never used a different program so I couldn't compare it to anything else.
    "If your dreams dont scare you - they ain't big enough" - Life of Dillon
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I use Remedy as well and think it's a clumsy platform. But, I also came from the ServiceNow for the last four years and in comparison to Remedy, it's leaps and bounds better than Remedy. I can't for the life of me understand why they want it over other platforms.
  • PupilPupil Member Posts: 168
    DevilWAH wrote: »
    I have used Remedy in multi billion $ Global companies and at the other end of the scale companies with a 10-20 users. Remedy is a hugely flexible system. IT is not a out of the box ready to run bit of software. The variety of experiences has been so great that if there was not the branding you would have no idea that it was the same software being implemented underneath. The software is not a problem, how it is implemented and configured is what makes the difference.

With a team of 15 full time engineers just to manage Remedy, it has worked perfectly managing a global estate of 400,000+ servers and network devices. great workflows and change management implementation made passing work around and informing the correct people simple and stright forward. However in another big company it was the worst thing about the job.

If it takes 15 full time engineers to make it work properly, I don't want to go anywhere near it.
    I've used SharePoint as a ticketing platform, so you'd think I'd have a higher opinion of Remedy. ;)
  • markulousmarkulous Member Posts: 2,394 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I've used Remedy, Service Now and Zendesk. I enjoy Zendesk the most as it's super easy, quick, and lite. I get that companies may need more robust ticketing systems though. Service Now seems a bit better as Remedy is so slow and convoluted.
    My current employer uses Zendesk and I love it.
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I dislike the following

Remedy
    BladeLogic
    Firemon Policy Planner
    BMC Footprints
    ArcSight
    Tenable SecurityCenter
    Firemon Security Center
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • JavajunkieeJavajunkiee Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I've used the old Numara Track-It, SharePoint, VMware service manager, and now ServicePro.

VMware service manager was implemented with such a convoluted structure it would take 5 minutes to put in a ticket for changing a password, and another 10 to run a report.

ServicePro makes me want to jump off the building on a daily basis. There is nothing intuitive about it, and the new release to Cloud9 doesn't make much needed improvements.