Sim Intelligence... Just Curious

tuscanituscani Member Posts: 121
I wonder how smart the CCNA Sims are? For example, say you are presented with a SIM that requires you to setup RIP across three routers.

ROUTER1 - 10.0.0.0 and 11.0.0.0
ROUTER2 - 11.0.0.0 and 12.0.0.0
ROUTER3 - 12.0.0.0 and 13.0.0.0

Now we all know that when setting up RIP we only need to use the network command for the networks on that local router.. ie: "net 10.0.0.0" and "net 11.0.0.0" for ROUTER1. I am wondering if the SIM would take away points if you defined all of the networks on one router.. ie: "net 10.0.0.0", "net 11.0.0.0", "net 12.0.0.0", ect on ROUTER1.

Both examples technically work; but only the local networks on each respective router are required.

Thoughts?

Comments

• EdTheLadEdTheLad Member Posts: 2,111 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Generally i've found the sim on the exams will not allow you to do much more than required.For instance on one i was asked to create vlan 100, i tryed to create vlan 101 just for a test and it didnt allow.But i'm sure this varies sim to sim.In the rip example you gave i would not advise taking this approach as you will be deducted points for lack of understanding how to define networks.
    Networking, sometimes i love it, mostly i hate it.Its all about the $$$$
  • TheShadowTheShadow Member Posts: 1,057 ■■■■■■□□□□
    If you log into the CCNA prep center there is at least one video covering what the sims can and cannot do.
    Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of technology?... The Shadow DO