Know this has probably been asked..

harryg702harryg702 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey what's up guys!

So I am working out my certification path I want to take and I am a little confused on some certs and was wondering if I could get some help??!!??

The big question I have is it necessary for me to get the A+ net+ and security + or can I go strait into the security side say skip net+? I'm just confused on the path I need to take.

Can anyone chime in on this and shoot me some advice??

Thanks!

Comments

• vinnypolstonvinnypolston Member Posts: 53 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey Harry. Others might disagree with me on this; but here is my opinion. Stair stepping the certifications A+ to Net+ to Security+ makes logical sense.

However, if you have the knowledge I'd say go straight for the Security+. Any job you apply for in the security sector isn't going to care about your A+ at all. Some might like to see the Net+ though. It really depends on you though.
  • olaHaloolaHalo Member Posts: 748 ■■■■□□□□□□
    If you're new and have little experience then starting with A+ > Net+ > Sec + will probably be best.
    But it depends on what you already know...

I skipped A+
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Build a solid foundation of knowledge.
  • kiki162kiki162 Member Posts: 635 ■■■■■□□□□□
    A+ > Net+ > Sec+ > SSCP > CISSP > GSEC ....and so on.

Would build a solid foundation, as most of us have a core area we work in (ex: Sys Admin or Network Admin) and eventually take those skills into a security based position.
  • harryg702harryg702 Registered Users Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sorry about the late reply guys but thanks so much for the info! And most of the jobs in my area look to be requiring a+ and so on so looks like I will be finishing those up!

Thanks guys!