Options

another Geek squad but different position...

Ok Ive read all the horror stories about geek squad, but apparently its the only ENTRY level I can find here without driving 100 miles a day on my car. Its for an in home tech however, cause I didnt want to do the "tech/sales rep" route. The description,

Job Details: Geek Squad In-Home Computer/Elec

Facilitate the complete solution of product sales, upgrades, installations and service both in the store and the customer home/office. This is accomplished by working both in the store and/or at the customer’s home/office. Tutors customers on the operation of their products/ service/solution. Is expected to personify and uphold the Geek Squad service standards. 1-3 years 1 year Job related experience in positions with in-home customer contact. Best Buy In-store Technician experience preferred The special agent position is designed to be a resource to the Business Consultant for designing complex IT solutions for Small to Medium sized business. The agent is responsible to make sure that scheduling, resources, and compliance with any state or local laws is set up prior to the proposal being accepted by the customer. After the proposal is accepted, the agent with be responsible for making sure that the IT solution is installed and configured to the specs designated by the Business Consultant. 4-5 Yrs Server and complex networking 1-2 Yrs Sales Experience Must be 21 yrs or older

Still looks like some sales reposible, but looks alot more like an install position that I think would help me move to a helpdesk or another install tech. In the app it even asked if I had my CCNA, so I imagine mid level business(CISCO EXPERIENCE YES!) may use quite a bit of cisco things, what do you guys think?
70-291 Next....

Comments

• Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I think it's a job.

icon_wink.gif
  • Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    Where are you at in NC? I work part-time for the Geek Squad because it is the only part-time tech job I can find after my full-time day job. I am an in store tech though and yes the sells part does truly suck. The job wouldn't be half bad if I didn't have to deal with customers who want the world to revolve around them. Anyways, it doesn't sound like a bad opportunity for you to get some experience and that is in a reasonable driving distance. You never know it could turn out to be something good.
  • Options
    wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    Im in greensboro. Where are you at boyles? Been said before, is the pay decent? If possible Id love a part time, so I could do side projects(keep getting all these damn calls from temp agencys for 1 day projects, that are like 15/hour, but only enough to work like 1 day a week.)
    70-291 Next....
  • Options
    boyles23boyles23 Member Posts: 130
    I am in Hickory. The instore doesnt pay much, starting is $9.00 but I use it as experience and discount for now. I work fulltime in a non IT job but the benefit is I get to be the IT person for our 5 client, 1 server network. So I guess my job is partly IT! Its experience I can count also! At the bestbuy here we don't have the instore bestbuy for business yet, we just have instore techs and techs that do inhome jobs but I am pretty sure we do some business things. Our inhome guys are only required to have Net+ and the instore techs don't even have to obtain A+. Our seniors were suppost to get it but they had problems trying because they came from non-tech positions so they have let them slide for now. Anyways, when you find out the pay for that position let me know, I am curious to see what they make considering they want you to have a CCNA cert.
  • Options
    wizarddeathwizarddeath Member Posts: 115
    Side note, ill let you know after the interview tomorrow about pay, if they tell me.

How big is your discount?
    70-291 Next....