TICSA

Has anyone taken the TICSA? I've been considering it and have taken several small practice tests as I find them and find myself scoring 100%. Is it really this easy? How does it compare to Security+? I've read that it is a intermediate level exam, but from what I've seen it seems way too easy. Either that or the practice questions that I've seen are way too easy.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    I was studying for the TICSA, but the apparent lack of industry recognition and marketing support caused me to forgo it in favor of the (ISC)2 SSCP cert. The TICSA covers a broader range of InfoSec topics than the Security+; I've read that the questions are of greater difficulty and comparable in format to Security+.

The only TICSA study guide (the blue-and-orange Que book) is only $5US from discount booksellers on the Web. There are no other study guides or exam preparation materials (proper or illicit) for it, which also suggests that TICSA is not a popular cert. I gave up studying for the SCNP for the same reasons.

We do have several TechExam.Net members who have taken and passed TICSA. You should be able to search and find their postings about it.
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    TICSA is honestly useless. It is pretty much unrecognized. If you get it, be sure to put "TruSecure ICSA Certified Security Associate" on your resume so that people will atleast ask you what it is, then you can explain. I cannot say that TICSA has done anything positive for me but help me obtain more security knowledge.

The TICSA study guide (blue and orange) is missing ALOT of information and the practice tests (all 2) that are available do not truly represent the exam. After my studies for the SSCP and having already been a Security+, I would say that TICSA is closer to SSCP than to Sec+. The difficulty is quite a bit greater than sec+ as it is alot more in depth and requires you to memorize metrics such as the "cybertrust risk metric"

All, in all, its not worth $350 and you would be better going for an SSCP.
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering
  • JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    ja5983 wrote:
    All, in all, its not worth $350 and you would be better going for an SSCP.
    TICSA also has renewal fee of $95US that's due every two years. Unless the cert is being actively supported, I can't see the purpose of paying it.
  • ja5983ja5983 Member Posts: 129
    i will not be paying it
    Josh
    A+, Network+, Server+, Security+, TICSA, CCNA, MCSA, AS Network Engineering