Options

Network Scaling Technician

CptJesusCptJesus Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi all,

I've been lurking around the site for a while now though I haven't posted anything previously, but I've got a question regarding a job opening within my company (Amazon Jobs | Network Technician - AWS Scaling).

I'm currently an IT Support Technician (entry level position) at Amazon with a Network+ and MTA Network Fundamentals, and studying for the CCNA. I'm interested in getting into AWS, ideally as a Network Scaling Technician as this can be the same level job as I've got now, thus an easy lateral move (theoretically). In a year or so I'll be moving to the area where there seem to be several AWS openings and I've been trying to find out what would be the best topics for me to focus on for having the best chance of getting a position similar to the one I linked.

I've attempted contacting the department who hires for the position, but I'm still waiting to hear back on focus areas. I'm currently studying for the CCNA, which seems like a good path based on the requirements of the position, but are there any other areas I should learn, such as VM?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

Comments

• Options
    atl_libraatl_libra Member Posts: 57 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Hey CptJesus

I have a question about the IT Support Technician position at Amazon. You only have one post so I couldn't PM you. Any other way to get in contact with you?