How hard is Network+

BetrayalBetrayal Member Posts: 108
I got my A+ certification 2 years ago and now I'm working towards the Net+ and Sec+.

In your opinion, how hard is the Network+ compared to the A+?

I know that the A+ has more stuff to learn and the Net+ has less content but does that make it any easier? icon_study.gif

Comments

• tmcgtmcg Banned Posts: 127
    I done network+ without any previous experience I found it not to difficult, however there is a lot of content to cover. Seeing as you have A+ there should be some overlap.
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Too easy for what it is, make sure you understand every topic on the exam sheet and you'll pass. Make sure you understand basic lan troubleshooting and cabling standards. (ping, tracert, etc..)
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    It's very conceptual, not particularly challenging in any one area (broad but not deep). You should be fine... I did nothing other than reading the exam prep book and passed it after a couple of weeks without any difficulty, and I had very limited experience when I took that test.
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • beadsbeads Member Posts: 1,531 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Start by perusing any available copy of a Network+ book at you local bookstore, see if browsing the book makes sense. Hard? Too easy? What you expected - perhaps not. If the book makes sense for you and your convinced your ready to study for the exam - buy the book. Do some exercises and examine the results of ICMP scans and figure out why ICMP isn't just A protocol. Why UDP versus TCP and all that stuff.

Came up in discussion today in reference junior analyst who needs some refresher training.

Good stuff.

- b/eads
  • Asus2015Asus2015 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    To get N+ do i need to do 005 or 006 exams? anyone pass the exam recently?
  • DFTK13DFTK13 Member Posts: 176 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the N10-005 in January earlier this year, it was not Hard at all. SNIP - removed comments violating NDA.... I used the Exam Cram Net+ book, and did a ton of practice questions, and also read a college book. But you should do just fine with the Exam Cram book. Just read the book, do practice exams, and know your stuff, and you will pass. :) Also, the A+ exam content overlaps with the test somewhat as others have stated. Good luck!
    Certs: CCNA(200-301), Network+, A+, LPI Linux Essentials
    Goals: CCNP Enterprise(ENCOR + ENARSI), AWS CSA - Associate, Azure AZ-104, Become better at python, learn docker and kubernetes

Degree: A.S. Network Administration
    Pursuing: B.S. in I.T. Web and Mobile Development Concentration
  • Nightflier101BLNightflier101BL Member Posts: 134 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I also used the Exam Cram book and found that it was all I needed. It wouldn't hurt to go through the CBT Nuggets videos if you have access to those.
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    I took the exam in April. The exam isn't difficult But It Does cover alot of areas. I used Professor Messor, Exam Cram, Lots Of practice Questions.
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • Madmd5Madmd5 Member Posts: 83 ■■■□□□□□□□
    It isn't too difficult. I got mine last fall and it wasn't too bad. It took me a few months of studying and I didn't have much experience. I did, however, have the Security+ so that probably made it easier in my case.
  • Asus2015Asus2015 Member Posts: 18 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I heard the 005 exam is expired soon, so anyone in here done 006 exam yip? If you do whats likes? Must easier than 005 exam?