Options

CEH Eligibility

IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
I am confused on the eligibility requirements for the CEH exam. I have seen multiple people post that they did not have the 2 years of Security experience but were allowed to self-study and take the exam. I have no interest in the boot camp they offer for $3k. I plan on filling out the application and going from there but just wanted to gauge others success rate with having less than two years of Security experience. If it's a strict no...I'll save my $100 application fee for now and work on something else.

Work History:
Information Security Analyst - 1 year
SysAdmin - 3 years
Help Desk - 4 years

Also have a degree in Computer Network Administration and obtained my GSEC in February.

Comments

• Options
    colemiccolemic Member Posts: 1,569 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Many have had the experience that as long as your application has somewhat related background, they will be happy to take your $100. I can't recall any specific post, where a person was denied taking the test.

Security+ in my opinion is a cert that has more value, but that's just my .02.
    Working on: staying alive and staying employed
  • Options
    IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I've read through Darril Gibson's Security+ book and did well on the practice tests, but I didn't see any value in taking the exam since I already had GSEC.