Cisco Router Commands question

ZatosamaZatosama Registered Users Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
I keep seeing questions such as this:

#show run interface GigabitEthernet0/10
Switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
etc.

Based on this troubleshoot an issue. I'm currently using Mike Meyers AIO and self-studying. Nowhere in his books can I find anything on this type of question(even though it's on his practice exams). I've realized this is Cisco proprietary router language but that's a much larger topic than is covered on the exam. I'm trying to figure out exactly how much I need to know for the exam. I had 4 questions like this on the exam which I missed by 2 questions(womp womp) and I finding it difficult any information.

Comments

• HondabuffHondabuff Member Posts: 667 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Zatosama wrote: »
    I keep seeing questions such as this:

#show run interface GigabitEthernet0/10
    Switchport trunk encapsulation dot1q
    etc.

Based on this troubleshoot an issue. I'm currently using Mike Meyers AIO and self-studying. Nowhere in his books can I find anything on this type of question(even though it's on his practice exams). I've realized this is Cisco proprietary router language but that's a much larger topic than is covered on the exam. I'm trying to figure out exactly how much I need to know for the exam. I had 4 questions like this on the exam which I missed by 2 questions(womp womp) and I finding it difficult any information.

If you are pursuing a career in Networking then you better know your Cisco commands. Let me get you pointed in the right direction.

http://files.laitec.ir/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/Cisco.Press_.CCNA_.Portable.Command.Guide_.2nd.Edition.Jul_.2007.pdf
    “The problem with quotes on the Internet is that you can’t always be sure of their authenticity.” ~Abraham Lincoln
  • volfkhatvolfkhat Member Posts: 1,046 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Huh?
    What exam? Are you refrring to the Network+?

The CompTia is very light-weight.
    I don't remember any detail questions like that. But i took the N10-005....
  • DAVID QDAVID Q Member Posts: 25 ■■■□□□□□□□
    If you want to know the secrets of learning the Cisco commands, make the application PACKET TRACER your main tool, as well as youtube.com. Packet tracer can act as a simulator for real world equipment if its hooked up properly in the lab. Now once you hooked up the computers, switches, and routers properly, you will use basic Cisco commands to configure the router and switches in simulated environment.. Also I recommend you pick up a easy CCNET or CCNA manual to go along with any network+ manuals you have. By taking this advice you will be over prepared for the Network+ with basic subnetting skills .