Jump to CCIE DC, without doing CCNA/CCNP DC

smcanuffsmcanuff Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
I am think if anyone has try to jump to CCIE DC without doing CCNA/CCNP DC. I am CCNP RS and thinking if I can try the CCIE DC..
Don't worry about what's ahead. Just go as far as you can. From there, you can see farther:cheers:

Comments

• networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Sure you can. You still need to learn all the material regardless. Might as well have some milestones and certs to put on your resume on the way though is the way most people approach it. It might take years to pass the IE.
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • rjon17469rjon17469 Member Posts: 52 ■■■□□□□□□□
    When I did my CCIE R&S, I debated going straight for the IE, but later decided to get the NA/NP on the way. I'm glad I did. For one, the IE did take a couple years in total, during which I got a salary bump for my NP (NA didn't really help much there). And second, everything I learned for the NA and NP contributed to the IE, so it helped structure my studying and motivation (think stairs compared to a single giant leap).
  • smcanuffsmcanuff Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks much guys, you both have a point with adding to my resume and change in salary, going to do my IE R/S and in my free time just read on DC when I have free time...
    Don't worry about what's ahead. Just go as far as you can. From there, you can see farther:cheers:
  • SpetsRepairSpetsRepair Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    I would just follow the cisco certification path and go that way rather than jump straight into the ccie material.
  • gorebrushgorebrush Member Posts: 2,743 ■■■■■■■□□□
    As above, sure you can do it, but it'll be rather difficult, but nothing is impossible :)
  • d4nz1gd4nz1g Member Posts: 464
    Welcome aboard!

I am in the exactly same track as you mentioned.
    Won't lie to you, it IS difficult. Even with topics regarding to R&S (QoS, Mcast, Ethernet/IP fundamentals) that are a MUST for the DC track as well.

Honestly, I am on this road since feb/march, and I am already feeling that my quality of study/work/learn has gotten to a different level.

Good luck!
    I will go over the CCIE DC ine and get a full feel of it and see how I can do this, even if I don't do the exam now having the knowledge base on a high level would be good.
    Don't worry. I got scared at first, but it is not that bad :)
    d4nz1g wrote: »
    Don't worry. I got scared at first, but it is not that bad :)

What do you use to study?
    I started from the books + labs, then I went to cisco docs and right now I am reviewing everything on a deeper level, also watching IE videos.
  • ninjaturtleninjaturtle Member Posts: 245 ■■■□□□□□□□
    smcanuff wrote: »
    I will go over the CCIE DC ine and get a full feel of it and see how I can do this, even if I don't do the exam now having the knowledge base on a high level would be good.

Definitely don't forget about IPExpert. Use both vendors, you won't be sorry.
    Current Study Discipline: CCIE Data Center
    Cisco SEAL, Cisco SWAT, Cisco DeltaForce, Cisco FBI, Cisco DoD, Cisco Army Rangers, Cisco SOCOM .ιlι..ιlι.