SSCP tips?

LaCrossLaCross Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey guys,

Im going to be taking my SSCP exam on Friday and im not exactly sure that im ready for it. Ive read Darril's AIO book, and watched some Pluralsight videos and some CBT nuggets on the CISSP.

Can anybody who's passed the new exam give me some tips on general topics to study up on particularly? Or any helpful things to study? Thanks.

Comments

• tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I took the exam in March right before the change. Used mostly the Gibson AIO and Pluralsight videos. I also found the StudiScope practice exams fairly useful. https://www.isc2.org/studiscope/default.aspx
  • LaCrossLaCross Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Do you think they are really worth $1/question?
  • CryptoPunkCryptoPunk Member Posts: 9 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Everytime I look at those studiscope prices I am getting angry. How can someone asks 50bucks for 50questions?
  • TongyTongy Member Posts: 234
    I took mine on the 9th July, after the changes.

I bought Darril Gibsons AIO and 2nd edition SSCP CBK from ISC2 and found them ok, however... Do not rely on the questions to prepare you for the questions in the exam. If you know the subject matter just apply ISC2 thinking to it and you'll be fine.
    CryptoPunk wrote: »
    Everytime I look at those studiscope prices I am getting angry. How can someone asks 50bucks for 50questions?

I agree and refused to do it... Unless they are the core of the actual questions in the test and they could guarantee you a pass they wouldn't even be close to worth it - the SSCP is great to have and doesn't get the kudos it deserves (imho) but to hike the price up that much as well as study guides and training... Nope, it's a bridge too far...
  • tahjzhuantahjzhuan Member Posts: 288 ■■■■□□□□□□
    LaCross wrote: »
    Do you think they are really worth $1/question?

The test highlighted weaker areas and provided relative peace of mind. 150 questions for 100 dollars. I'd do it again.
    less than 24 hours to go! Studying so much i feel like my brain is going to explode
    Well guys.... Drum roll please!!

I Passed! icon_cheers.gif

My recommendation to other people thinking about taking the test: Don't. This test is more about figuring out which answers THEY want and answering trick question than it is about actual InfoSec knowledge.

Although i lost most of the respect i had for the cert after taking the test, a win is a win I suppose...
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Well guys.... Drum roll please!!

I Passed! icon_cheers.gif

My recommendation to other people thinking about taking the test: Don't. This test is more about figuring out which answers THEY want and answering trick question than it is about actual InfoSec knowledge.

Although i lost most of the respect i had for the cert after taking the test, a win is a win I suppose...

I've heard others say similar about this exam and my boss has asked me to sit this one. What other exams have you taken prior to this?
    Net+

And the course material for this exam is great. The exam is just made so much more difficult than it needs to be
  • RemedympRemedymp Member Posts: 834 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Net+

And the course material for this exam is great. The exam is just made so much more difficult than it needs to be

Because you've lost some respect for the cert, will you maintain the cert now when it comes to CEU's?
    Bit difficult to offer congratulations when you see little value in something people study hard to pass.
  • dinhtqdinhtq Member Posts: 24 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey guys,

Im going to be taking my SSCP exam on Friday and im not exactly sure that im ready for it. Ive read Darril's AIO book, and watched some Pluralsight videos and some CBT nuggets on the CISSP.

Can anybody who's passed the new exam give me some tips on general topics to study up on particularly? Or any helpful things to study? Thanks.

I think that you shoud read CISSP book to exam SSCP and then you go on CISSP .
    I got SSCP when I failed CISSP that i didnt read any ebook about SSCP .