ccnp security vs ccnp voice

BulletzBulletz Member Posts: 159
I need advice if to inroll for ccnp security or ccnp voice, which one have a better pay cheque,
Show me the way to go 127.0.0.1

Comments

• SimridSimrid Member Posts: 327
    I think voice would, there is a huge demand at the moment for voice. Apart from, it will be Collaboration rather than voice.
    Network Engineer | London, UK | Currently working on: CCIE Routing & Switching

sriddle.co.uk
    uk.linkedin.com/in/simonriddle
  • shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    which ever one you are good at will be the once that pays the most. If you don't have a passion for voice it can be very unforgiving if you aren't into it. The crazy part is that the same goes for security to some extent.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • MowMow Member Posts: 445 ■■■■□□□□□□
    shodown wrote: »
    which ever one you are good at will be the once that pays the most. If you don't have a passion for voice it can be very unforgiving if you aren't into it. The crazy part is that the same goes for security to some extent.

This ^^. I kinda hate voice. I do ok, and get by, but I am not into it at all. I prefer R/S, and am looking at DC technologies. I think I will do better in those realms.
  • E Double UE Double U Member Posts: 2,228 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The cert alone wouldn't be the determining factor in your pay check (I think). I have completed CCNP Security last year which contributes to my current pay along with my other skills and accomplishments. I chose CCNP Security because I'm responsible for anything related to firewall/VPN/IPS.

Which cert has a higher demand in your part of the world?
    Alphabet soup from (ISC)2, ISACA, GIAC, EC-Council, Microsoft, ITIL, Cisco, Scrum, CompTIA, AWS
  • SeekBytesSeekBytes Member Posts: 143
    How do you actually determine the demand ? Do you simply track the number of job requests and certifications/products required for each position?

I wanted to find out what I like the most and take a similar approach to evaluate if there is a job market for that track.

Kind Regards.
  • Alex90Alex90 Member Posts: 289
    I don't think you can pick based solely on what pays more. I love voice and I have a real passion for it - however some people despise it and would never what to touch it

I hate security on the other hand.
  • alan2308alan2308 Member Posts: 1,854 ■■■■■■■■□□
    You will almost always be better at what you are passionate about doing. Follow your passion and the money will work itself out down the road.
  • EdificerEdificer Member Posts: 187 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Both. icon_cool.gif
    “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” Confucius