Pass the test

Comments

• ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
  • diggitlediggitle Member Posts: 118 ■■■□□□□□□□
    icon_thumright.gif
    c colon i net pub dubdubdub root
  • aftereffectoraftereffector Member Posts: 525 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congratulations!
    CCIE Security - this one might take a while...
  • tarikos1311tarikos1311 Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats. I see that it was a self study.

What about the eligibility? Did you face some difficulties? I'm confused because I want to do the same, however I don't have 2 years of infosec experience.
  • IaHawkIaHawk Member Posts: 188 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the pass. I just bought the Matt Walker AIO....ready to get started! How long did you study for? I'm planning on 1-2 months.
  • JosephMatthewJosephMatthew Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I studied for about 4 months, and was kind of paranoid about failing a 500$ test. Honestly, it was a bunch of mulitple choice trivia. If I were you I'd get the Boson exam simulator to supplement the Matt Walker book. If you can PWN those, the real test should be easy peasy. CBT nuggets was also awesome.
  • JosephMatthewJosephMatthew Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I do have years of experience, and I still had to get my boss to respond to an email from ECCOUNCIL about my experience etc etc. I do Cyber Security as a day job.....

Keep that into consideration.

I wouldn't recommend paying the 3,000 something dollars for a class. I'd recommend doing the OSCP or something instead, that is cheaper and more hands on.

Actually, if you are going to spend 3 grand on a cert, might as well go the SANS route. I would, but I don't have money like that lol.

Also, they were harping me after I passed the test about a retake......asking me for my resume and my background etc etc......
  • Mike7Mike7 Member Posts: 1,107 ■■■■□□□□□□
  • khaledit2015khaledit2015 Member Posts: 42 ■■■□□□□□□□
    congrats , i just start studying now need 4 monthes i am not in hurry
  • greg9891greg9891 Member Posts: 1,189 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Congratsicon_cheers.gif
    :
    Upcoming Certs: VCA-DCV 7.0, VCP-DCV 7.0, Oracle Database 1Z0-071, PMP, Server +, CCNP

Proverbs 6:6-11Go to the ant, you sluggard! Consider her ways and be wise, Which, having no captain, Overseer or ruler, Provides her supplies in the summer, And gathers her food in the harvest. How long will you slumber, O sluggard?
    When will you rise from your sleep? A little sleep, a little slumber, A little folding of the hands to sleep, So shall your poverty come on you like a prowler And your need like an armed man.
  • ZzBloopzZZzBloopzZ Member Posts: 192
    Congrats! "Also, they were harping me after I passed the test about a retake......asking me for my resume and my background etc etc......"

Could you go more in detail about this? They as in EC Council? Why would they make you do a retake??
  • cyberguyprcyberguypr Mod Posts: 6,928 Mod
    It's called the Candidate Retest Auditing. Some combination of getting a high score and possibly finishing too quick and who knows what else may trigger the audit.

See http://www.techexams.net/forums/ec-council-ceh-chfi/95712-cra-exam-ceh.html
  • danny069danny069 Member Posts: 1,025 ■■■■□□□□□□
    ^ It's like beating the end boss in a video game only to find out you haven't beaten him sort of like Starfox 64.
    I am a Jack of all trades, Master of None
  • ArlixArlix Member Posts: 12 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • roninkaironinkai Member Posts: 307 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! You beat my score!
    浪人 MSISA:WGU
    ICP-FDO ▪ CISSP ▪ ECES ▪ CHFI ▪ CNDA ▪ CEH ▪ MCSA/MCITP ▪ MCTS ▪ S+
    2020 Level Up Goals: (1) DevSecOps Learning Path (2) OSCP
  • balcobullsbalcobulls Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    CBT nuggets is amazing isn't? Looks like I am following 75% in your footsteps, I better go check out the Sybex CEH book. Thanks for the info on your test prep!
  • fuz1onfuz1on Member Posts: 961 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Congrats! 95%?! DAMNNNN! icon_cool.gif
    timku.com(puter) | ProHacker.Co(nsultant) | ITaaS.Co(nstultant) | ThePenTester.net | @fuz1on
    Transmosis | http://transmosis.com | LinkedIn | https://linkedin.com/in/t1mku
    If evil be spoken of you and it be true, correct yourself, if it be a lie, laugh at it. - Epictetus
    The only real failure in life is not to be true to the best one knows. - Buddha
    If you are not willing to learn, no one can help you. If you are determined to learn, no one can stop you. - Unknown